Need some motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathologyDO

MS-3
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time scoring well in lecture during M2... Im about average in the class and I want to shoot for a specialty such as anesthesiology, radiology, or an IM subspecialty. ER is another interest. In other words, I still need to score good on my USMLE and COMLEX, and feel like crap because of my "average" performance so far in classes this year.

Any stories out there about being about class average and scoring really well on USMLE/COMLEX?

Members don't see this ad.

Having a hard time scoring well in lecture during M2... Im about average in the class and I want to shoot for a specialty such as anesthesiology, radiology, or an IM subspecialty. ER is another interest. In other words, I still need to score good on my USMLE and COMLEX, and feel like crap because of my "average" performance so far in classes this year.

Any stories out there about being about class average and scoring really well on USMLE/COMLEX?
Wow this is exciting stuff. I would love to join a USMLE study group. I think inspriation should be easy to get.

id need some too. but im preparing for indian post grad exams. similar to usmle but way tougher.

Well, I guess the USMLE is probably easier to pass but if you want to get into a competitive specialty you have to study pretty hard.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
the USMLE is probably easier to pass but if you want to get into a competitive specialty you have to study pretty hard.
ynQ4mJ

I received all B's and C's in an allopathic medical school, and my Step 1 score was 248. It's all about how you study.

Reactions: 1 users
Uworld, First Aid, and Pathoma. Get through Uworld at least twice. I used DIT for my first run through First Aid for annotation purposes. I went through Pathoma with classes in second year and got through it two more times in dedicated study.

I also did ALL available NBMEs and UWSAs starting six weeks out. About one per week.

Reactions: 2 users