Need some serious advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Power_Rangers889

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am scheduled to take the DAT in 7 days. I really need to do well. I have been studying for roughly 3 months and have utilized feralis for bio, Bootcamp and Qvault as of recently. I have been averaging 19-22 on bio, 18-22 on Chem and 20-22 on Ochem. I just took the final full length practice test and scored

Bootcamp 5
Bio 22
Chem 19
Ochem 21

I am not too concerned about RC, PAT or QR since i have been averaging consistently over 20 on those.

I am not sure what to do this final week besides review my previous tests and notes. I also am not sure if i should postpone and use destroyer before taking the exam.

I really appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

You should definitely try to attempt to do some destroyer problems, maybe 40bio/30gc/30oc/1 math test per day for the next 5 days and read all the solutions thoroughly and take notes, and also take the 2009 DAT as a lot of people have said that's a good predictor of how you'll do. Don't forget to rest the day before your exam! Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: 1 users
If you haven't done destroyer I would definitely do that, I finished the whole book in 6 days. It seems to me that you have a pretty good grasp on the material so destroyer can help push you over 20 for chem.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't done destroyer I would definitely do that, I finished the whole book in 6 days. It seems to me that you have a pretty good grasp on the material so destroyer can help push you over 20 for chem.
Can you elaborate more on your schedule regarding the destroyer?
Was it 2017, how many questions did you do each day, did you cover Math destroyer as well on the same week.
How about the rest, pat , RC, did you do practice test for them while doing destroyer.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you elaborate more on your schedule regarding the destroyer?
Was it 2017, how many questions did you do each day, did you cover Math destroyer as well on the same week.
How about the rest, pat , RC, did you do practice test for them while doing destroyer.

Yes it was! I did ~100 questions of bio each day so finished that section in 6 days. I did ~100 of ochem per day so finished that in 3 days same for gchem (115ish). I did bio plus ochem/gchem per day so I finished everything in 6 days. Those 6 days I only focused on destroyer. I made flashcards for every ochem concept I needed to know and every fact in bio that I needed to know (which was basically every question). I did a little bit of PAT here and there but maybe 20 min if that.

Yes it was! I did ~100 questions of bio each day so finished that section in 6 days. I did ~100 of ochem per day so finished that in 3 days same for gchem (115ish). I did bio plus ochem/gchem per day so I finished everything in 6 days. Those 6 days I only focused on destroyer. I made flashcards for every ochem concept I needed to know and every fact in bio that I needed to know (which was basically every question). I did a little bit of PAT here and there but maybe 20 min if that.
Damn.. how many hours per day did that take?

Thank you for the detailed answer.
I'll try to do something similar b I am thinking like 60 questions of gen chem and orgo and 80 bio
Hopefully, I can do that

It sounds like your ready for the exam, but keep practicing! If you slow down now, then you can lose the progress that you've made so far. As long as you keep your head in the books and keep going over practice problems, you should do fine. Don't stress over finishing destroyer, just do as much as you can. And there's nothing wrong with repeating bootcamp sections just to cement that knowledge in your head. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users