Need some Serious help with biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rivery

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone i need help with biochemistry's preparation... I started doing it but it seems like an alien language to me..can't figure out the concepts...it has been 5 years since i last studied biochem.I plan to take part at the end of d year.Can anyone help me with this?how to prepare for biochem and where to start.Any books.. i need help plzz!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

First Aide NBDE Part I will put things simply. Try this first. How much time do you have? Old exam questions are also important.

Lippnott biochem is the best book. My exam is in end of June and i started studying in March this year. last time i studied dentistry 9yrs. back. Anyways this book is great.all chapters have summary at the end.Tht was more than enough for me atleast.Try some mnemonics to learn enzymes. Inhibiting and stimulating enzymes are very important. So dont waste ur time to learn each and every enzyme.Think bigger rather than smaller thats what lippnott tells you how to do. There are all cycles together like whats happening in liver,adipose tissue, muscle,RBC etc. in starving stafe and full stage in brief.Then go each cycle once at least and write down their inhibiting and stimulating enzymes side by side.Do vitamins and minerals, replication, transcription.Dont get nervous.U have enough time. solve decks for each topic side by side. good luck.