Need some true advice on where to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

N-Man

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
So, I got my MCAT results about 10 minutes ago and still in a bit of a shock and desperately need some advice on where to apply and IF I can even get in so here are my stats:

I'm a Canadian student applying to DO schools (and maybe MD if you recommend). I have a GPA of 3.4 during my undergraduate and a 4.0 GPA for my research based masters program. Have several first and second author publications with physician shadowing, volunteering, athletics and all the extracurricular stuff. Also, I have great letters of recommendation as far as I know. I've written the MCAT twice: in 2016, the score was 505 (126/123/130/126) and in 2017 (wrote it on July 27) it's 507 (129/122/128/128). Clearly the verbal has screwed me over.

My questions is, is there a chance for me to get in? If so, where should I apply to?

I appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Aim for the 14 or so DO schools that accept Canadians, especially MSUCOM and UNECOM.
Thank you. I'm guessing the MD schools will screen me out immediately with those stats?
Wish I wasnt an ESL student...