Need suggestion for Career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maggijoseph

Reaction score
Hi

I completed dentistry and practiced as family dentist for 9 years in India. Due to my husband’s work, we moved to US. It has been over 6 years that I am away from career, now that I wish to resume but I do not want to get into dentistry; however, I am looking for a career inline with healthcare. I have completed few coding courses (not much of help though). I am very much interested in health information privacy and security. Please suggest a diploma on this domain which will lead to pursue my aspiration.

PS. We live in Austin, TX.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I completed dentistry and practiced as family dentist for 9 years in India. Due to my husband’s work, we moved to US. It has been over 6 years that I am away from career, now that I wish to resume but I do not want to get into dentistry; however, I am looking for a career inline with healthcare. I have completed few coding courses (not much of help though). I am very much interested in health information privacy and security. Please suggest a diploma on this domain which will lead to pursue my aspiration.

Thanks
Myself in same boat ,any help is appreciatted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

Thanks

If you can move to Florida state, you can practice as dental hygienist by just giving NBDE. You don’t have to go thru dental hygiene 3 year course again. Solid demand for hygienist this days. Good luck!

Hi

Thanks
Nowadays, there are many opportunities for employment as a dentist. Try to get the job you want on general terms and conditions through a competition.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks
I just saw this, you need to apply for a Master's in Healthcare Administration, Master's in Healthcare information, or Masters in Dental Public health if that's is where you want to go. (Information/security)

I do that right now as a MPH, but want to be a us dentist again. I miss treating patients, but the system makes it really hard to get into the programs.