need to find work while transitioning to new job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AndyDufrane

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi , so I will be transitioning from one job to another and there might be no overlap (from gen MSK w/ invt, emgs into total interven position) in PA, and there may be a 2 month window where I have to find some other kind of work for income, I am applying for the VA C&P exam jobs, and looking into IMEs opportunities, anyone else have other ideas?heard SNF consults can be lucrative, any input on how to set up/arrange. thank you in advance
 
Are there any locums tenens opportunities you would consider pursuing? might be your best bet for just 2 months.

Survivor DO
 
Hi , so I will be transitioning from one job to another and there might be no overlap (from gen MSK w/ invt, emgs into total interven position) in PA, and there may be a 2 month window where I have to find some other kind of work for income, I am applying for the VA C&P exam jobs, and looking into IMEs opportunities, anyone else have other ideas?heard SNF consults can be lucrative, any input on how to set up/arrange. thank you in advance

If you have a full license, I would suggest doing medicare evals. Pay is great, and liability is low.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you mean social security disability evals? that would be your best bet for a mere 2 month gap. honestly save up and go travel, take a vacation, clear your mind and soul to ready for a fresh start
 
you mean social security disability evals? that would be your best bet for a mere 2 month gap. honestly save up and go travel, take a vacation, clear your mind and soul to ready for a fresh start

I found a company in my neck of the woods that says they pay 600/day for social security evals, average about 10-18 patients a day, and you pay your own malpractice, this sounds a bit low to me, or am I wrong ?
 
I found a company in my neck of the woods that says they pay 600/day for social security evals, average about 10-18 patients a day, and you pay your own malpractice, this sounds a bit low to me, or am I wrong ?

SNF consults is the way to go. I would say keep doing it even after starting your next job so bring in some extra cash.
 
SNF consults is the way to go. I would say keep doing it even after starting your next job so bring in some extra cash.

yeah I looked into that, with one of these national companies, it seemed like a rip off, you pay your own malpractice, dictation, and they keep 35% off the top, if I did these SNF consults, it would be without using these national companies,
 
yeah I looked into that, with one of these national companies, it seemed like a rip off, you pay your own malpractice, dictation, and they keep 35% off the top, if I did these SNF consults, it would be without using these national companies,

Personally I don't think it is a rip off. The 35% is for someone working 10-12hrs a week. It can be as low as 20% for someone working full time depending on the company. I would rather have someone else take care of admin, billing, coding etc than do it myself. But I know people who have done it themselves and are very successful. I wanted to be a part of a bigger group than ride solo. There is stability in numbers atleast in the area where I am working and the facility kicked out a solo physiatrist before I joined them. Look around your area and try to find a good SNF. I am working at 2 excellent facilities while building my private practice so it is working out well for me so far.