need to know Immunoglobulin functions ?

• Thread starter dentalstudent2021
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dentalstudent2021

just curious if we need to know immunoglobulin functions. many threads on it just mention to know the names but not their functions. I know what Ig's do in general but not each of its specific role.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

just curious if we need to know immunoglobulin functions. many threads on it just mention to know the names but not their functions. I know what Ig's do in general but not each of its specific role.

Thanks
The Destroyer has a few questions on the functions of each of these proteins. That should be enough for the DAT

Hope this helps..

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks

I took my dat today there was actually a question regarding the role of a specific Immunoglobulin.

I memorized them quite quickly by associating a scenario for each one according to their name:

IgM: I imagined someone saying "MINEE" and rushing to some place to claim something. (IgM: are usually first responders)
IgG: "Ginormous"(IgG is most abundant so i just associated being large to having a lot of something)
IgE: "Allergieeeeeeeeeee" (IgE bind to allergens etc)
IgA: "Waaaaaaa" I imagined someone crying and just exaggerated the aaaa part in my head. (IgA is in tears/mucosal lining)
IgD: D sounds like B. (IgD is found on surface of B cells)

I know some of these are stupid haha but it helped me memorize it super quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I took my dat today there was actually a question regarding the role of a specific Immunoglobulin.

I memorized them quite quickly by associating a scenario for each one according to their name:

IgM: I imagined someone saying "MINEE" and rushing to some place to claim something. (IgM: are usually first responders)
IgG: "Ginormous"(IgG is most abundant so i just associated being large to having a lot of something)
IgE: "Allergieeeeeeeeeee" (IgE bind to allergens etc)
IgA: "Waaaaaaa" I imagined someone crying and just exaggerated the aaaa part in my head. (IgA is in tears/mucosal lining)
IgD: D sounds like B. (IgD is found on surface of B cells)

I know some of these are stupid haha but it helped me memorize it super quickly.
Thanks!!!!!