Need to pass PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kumar28

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do u need to pass the PE before you can start residency? I thought the PE was merely so you could take step 3 and get your license. I scheduled mine late now I'm worried. I should've scheduled the darned thing alot sooner

Members don't see this ad.

Do u need to pass the PE before you can start residency? I thought the PE was merely so you could take step 3 and get your license. I scheduled mine late now I'm worried. I should've scheduled the darned thing alot sooner

At most medical schools, you need to have passed PE in order to graduate. You should contact the residency.

Unfortunately for the DO classes of 2008, or those entering into the 2004-2005 year and beyond, passing the PE is an unfortunate newly furnished requirement for graduation from medical school. That really sucks that they make you guys pass it now. I don't know how the NBOME can feasibly manage the volume of students who take it and the number of testing dates that are available, scarce as they may be to boot. Obviously this problem is only going to get compounded with the increasing trends in enrollment, the number of medical schools that have opened as of three years ago, and to top all of this, they still have only one testing center. Honestly, if we're going to follow suit to the MDs in terms of testing and so called accountability, at least match them in the number of testing centers. They're up to what...six now? Seriously, how hard is it to hire some douchebag actors and play patients? I mean it's not like it's anywhere near what an actual medical practice is going to represent. I still advocate for the complete abolition of this test, despite the fact that I have taken it. No one needs to suffer this additional insult to their medical education.

Unfortunately for the DO classes of 2008, or those entering into the 2004-2005 year and beyond, passing the PE is an unfortunate newly furnished requirement for graduation from medical school. That really sucks that they make you guys pass it now. I don't know how the NBOME can feasibly manage the volume of students who take it and the number of testing dates that are available, scarce as they may be to boot. Obviously this problem is only going to get compounded with the increasing trends in enrollment, the number of medical schools that have opened as of three years ago, and to top all of this, they still have only one testing center. Honestly, if we're going to follow suit to the MDs in terms of testing and so called accountability, at least match them in the number of testing centers. They're up to what...six now? Seriously, how hard is it to hire some douchebag actors and play patients? I mean it's not like it's anywhere near what an actual medical practice is going to represent. I still advocate for the complete abolition of this test, despite the fact that I have taken it. No one needs to suffer this additional insult to their medical education.

:thumbup: