Need Urgent Help with Visas

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by DMDtobe, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. DMDtobe

    DMDtobe Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

    Jul 2, 2006
    Likes Received:

    I have received admission into a US school (I live in Canada) for a special Masters program. I am just wondering, I do not have a student visa. But I was told by a few ppl that I don't need one when I leave for the program and that all I need is the I-20 form and a few others and that at the border they will issue me the visa from there. Can anyone confirm this??? Does anyone have any more info? I talked to someone at a canadian embassy and they told me that I could get the visa at the border. BUT, on other government sites it said you need the student Visa. I am very confused.
  2. f_w

    f_w 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

    Jan 30, 2005
    Likes Received:
    You will have to be in valid F1 status in order to attend school. There might be some special deal that canadians can obtain the visa at the border crossing point, but one way or another you will need one.

    Rather than relying on what people told you, I would contact the US consulate in canada responsible for the place you live at right now, other information sources would be or the website.
  3. LADoc00

    LADoc00 Gen X, the last great generation
    10+ Year Member

    Sep 9, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Attending Physician
    Are you a native ethnic Canadian citizen?
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page