Need Urgent Help With Visas

Started by DMDtobe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DMDtobe

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I have received admission into a US school (I live in Canada) for a special Masters program. I am just wondering, I do not have a student visa. But I was told by a few ppl that I don't need one when I leave for the program and that all I need is the I-20 form and a few others and that at the border they will issue me the visa from there. Can anyone confirm this??? Does anyone have any more info? I talked to someone at a canadian embassy and they told me that I could get the visa at the border. BUT, on other government sites it said you need the student Visa. I am very confused.