Need you opinion!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IcecoldPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm applying to PT school and one of the schools i'm applying to has a specific question stating what are my professional goals. So I was wondering If I should explain how I want to got into sports specfic physical therapy or should I leave the specific type of PT I want to enter open. I dont what the program to think I already have my mind set... any suggestions??? well any way here's the statement I wrote:
Shortly after I graduate from physical therapy school I would like to attend an orthopedic or sports residency. I believe the residency will strengthen my ability as a provider of patient care and prepare me to sit for certification examinations. After completing the residency I want to acquire a job in either an orthopedic or sports related clinic. Through the majority of my life I knew I wanted to either help people or play professional sports. Since my athletic ability is not at a professional level, the only way I could stay involved in sports and do something I enjoy is being involved in a sports medicine related field of physical therapy. After several years as a therapist I will hope to gain a large clientele base and support from local doctors to open my own practice specializing in sports therapy for high school and collegiate athletes. I’m a firm believer in giving back and the knowledge that I once attained from those before me should be carried on to aspiring young minds. I would like to end my career teaching physical therapy at a university and traveling to third world countries teaching people about the art of rehabilitation.

Members don't see this ad.

In all honesty, I think the schools use questions like this to see that you've really thought about your decision to enter PT school. I don't think there is any right or wrong answer. A good suggestion would be to figure out what the specific program is "known for" and relate what you would like to do, to that if at all possible. Good Luck!