Need your advice/suggestons.

Started by bblhoping
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bblhoping

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I was browsing for answers to my questions and found you guys and figured you would be experts to answer them. I am a non traditional applicant. I originally applied back when I graduated from undergrad in 2003. I took the MCAT 2x didn't study and got 21, I don't remember the letter. I got an interview at NYCOM but didn't really want to go there so I didn't go. I graduated in 2003 with degrees in biology and sociology so I have all my prereq. I feel I am finally mature this time around and am ready to take the MCAT again. My undergrad GPA was 2.99, not sure what the sci gpa was. I graduated with my MPH in 2007 and gpa was 3.69 which I did while working full time and had a baby. After this I feel as though I am finally mature enough to try again. 1st question, I believe I need to bring up my undergrad GPA but how do I do that? Do I take one or two classes and do they need to be in a certain field? Since I graduated so long ago from undergrad how do I go about getting my recommendation from a natural science professor? I had two write me letters of rec back then including the premed advisor but I don't know if they will even remember me now? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks. I also posted this on pre osteopathic board.