Need your advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental786

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

What would you suggest are important sections to purchase from DAT qvault that are most representative of the real DAT ( aside from bio )

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I heard its best section is its bio.I would probably recommend the QR section. I remember taking two exams from there and I think they resembled the DAT. Qvault may be a tad harder though.

I heard its best section is its bio.I would probably recommend the QR section. I remember taking two exams from there and I think they resembled the DAT. Qvault may be a tad harder though.

Thanks for your reply! Did you do any of the gen chem or orgo sections? I have bootcamp/ chads/ destroyer/ math destroyer already and plan on getting topscore (heard their math resembles qr section on the DAT) so I just wanted to see if getting qvault for another section besides bio would be beneficial or just a waste of money?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply! Did you do any of the gen chem or orgo sections? I have bootcamp/ chads/ destroyer/ math destroyer already and plan on getting topscore (heard their math resembles qr section on the DAT) so I just wanted to see if getting qvault for another section besides bio would be beneficial or just a waste of money?

I did all of the gen chem tests in January but I honestly don't remember much :s. There were some hard questions in there that made you think though!

I have also heard of bad things about their orgo section. I would not recommend the organic section and instead would suggest bootcamp.

I only used bootcamp and I thought it was enough. Imho I think bootcamp is much harder than the actual DAT but it prepares you for the worst!

Reactions: 1 user
qvault's organic section was great practice in my opinion. Not sure what the negativity surrounding the OC section is about, but I just flipped through my OC/GC practice exams from qvault and I'd recommend getting both. That said, qvault as a platform has some POORLY worded questions, some I'd even go as far as saying were flat out errors. I've come across a few in the bio and OC sections, and have actually reported the errors to their server.
Don't have experience with qvault's RC, but if you have Topscore, I'd recommend doing all 3 tests. Topscore was the most representative of the real DAT in terms of passage difficulty level, although you won't get purely S&D questions like you do in Topscore, question format will be a mix of Topscore and bootcamp.

Yea I took a the free exam today and found an error in the gc. It was a question dealing with boyles law.