Need your gut feeling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bansheeDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my AACOMAS application on Jan. 21st. As of last Wednesday. February 11th, AACOMAS received ALL of my transcripts. I checked the on-line status on the AACOMAS website, and it shows all of my transcripts have been received. That is the good news.

The bad news. Can AACOMAS verify and process all 9 of my transcripts and send a report to my school by March 21st?

This is a special situation. I only applied to one school. I'm granted an automatic interview if AACOMAS can send the grade report to the school by March 21st. The adcom also informed me that I would be competing for a spot on the wait-list since it is so late in the cycle. But that is better than nothing. I'm just scared AACOMAS will take too long to verify and process my transcripts. Can they do it in 5 weeks?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Susan :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by DunkinDOnut
it'll happen.

Thanks, I sure hope so. Is there anything I can do to speed it up. I want to stay on top of the situatin without annoying any of the AACOMAS people.

I will say this. I noticed after I called them that they sure found those transcripts all of a sudden. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I don't have any idea about your ?, but I love the pic of the baby that is too adorable. Is that your baby?

Susan, I haven't been following this, but why are you so damn late in the process? Good reason?

Originally posted by fierce tiger
Sorry I don't have any idea about your ?, but I love the pic of the baby that is too adorable. Is that your baby?

No, it was just one of the icons I chose. Yeah, that is a cute baby isn't it. :)

But in all seriousness, if people could just answer the question that would be great.

There were 109 views and only 1 response. Cmon people, I know we can do better than just one response. I wasn't asking for anything other than your gut feeling and previous experience with applying through accomas. Surely, I could get more than one response. :love:

I don't have much to add but you wanted someone to answer.
Here's a few points of mine.

1) Wow...you applied late in the process. I think the cut off for most schools was Feburary 15th.

2) There is a cut off for a reason but you made it in. So, in my opinion there is a chance.

3) If you awaiting AACOMAS to get all the transcripts and everything hinges on that, then I would see if they could fed ex your transcrpits (my school can). This would make sure they got them the VERY NEXT DAY.

4) If you can't Fed Ex them then I would go and send a second set of transcripts in just in case. One might get lost in the mail and if you want to be ultra sure about it then I would do that. (In fact I just sent a second evaluation sheet cause my school "sent" one already but two weeks later its not there)

5) My gut feeling is if the Adcom said to get your stuff in by March 21st. Get your stuff in by March 21st.

6) I also think AACOMAS will get your application put through pretty darn quick once everyhting is in. This is not a heavy time for application submissions as August - September is.

7) Keep on the ball. Its your application so you need to be on top of things.

Like I said I didn't have a lot to say but you wanted some opinions. I am sure if you get it in by the time the adcom will give it a good view. Just realize that most likely you'll get one of the last interviews of the season. Be this for a waitlist spot or a regular seat I don't know. Keep your chin up and go for it!

Originally posted by Robz
I don't have much to add but you wanted someone to answer.
Here's a few points of mine.

1) Wow...you applied late in the process. I think the cut off for most schools was Feburary 15th.

2) There is a cut off for a reason but you made it in. So, in my opinion there is a chance.

3) If you awaiting AACOMAS to get all the transcripts and everything hinges on that, then I would see if they could fed ex your transcrpits (my school can). This would make sure they got them the VERY NEXT DAY.

4) If you can't Fed Ex them then I would go and send a second set of transcripts in just in case. One might get lost in the mail and if you want to be ultra sure about it then I would do that. (In fact I just sent a second evaluation sheet cause my school "sent" one already but two weeks later its not there)

5) My gut feeling is if the Adcom said to get your stuff in by March 21st. Get your stuff in by March 21st.

6) I also think AACOMAS will get your application put through pretty darn quick once everyhting is in. This is not a heavy time for application submissions as August - September is.

7) Keep on the ball. Its your application so you need to be on top of things.

Like I said I didn't have a lot to say but you wanted some opinions. I am sure if you get it in by the time the adcom will give it a good view. Just realize that most likely you'll get one of the last interviews of the season. Be this for a waitlist spot or a regular seat I don't know. Keep your chin up and go for it!

Hey Rob

Thanks for the response. Actually, AACOMAS already has all of my transcripts. I checked on-line and my status shows all transcripts have been received. I'm just waiting for them to be processed My adcom needs AACOMAS to process and send the school their report by March 21st which is 5 weeks away. I don't know if AACOMAS can process and verify 9 transcripts in 5 weeks. Mind you, 6 of those transcripts include only 1 or 2 classes so it's not like they are processing 300 credits or anything. :)

If I only had one or two transcripts like most people, I wouldn't worry. But since I have 9 transcripts, do you think they could process all of my transcripts in 5 weeks?

And I'm competing for a waitlist spot. I have already been informed of this by my ADCOM so I'm okay with that. Now it's just a processing issue with AACOMAS. They have all the transcripts. It's just a matter of can they get it to them in time. My adcom is working with me so that's always nice to have. It's just a matter of timing. Can Aacomas process it by March 21st. It's a race!

PS: What is an evaluation form? Is this something I have to send to AACOMAS? I never saw this?

Oh that's cool you know your going for a waitlist spot and they already have your transcripts. I must have misunderstood.

I don't think it will be long now. Certainly not a month to approve your primary application.

Sorry about the mix up with the evaluation. You will need to send your letters of recommendation (LOR) and your secondary application back to the school asap.

I was referring to the fact I sent my LOR to my own school UT but they didn't get them within 2 weeks. I am super anal about my application status so I had them send another copy last week. They didn't quite appricate me telling them in no uncertain terms I didn't believe in them and they should send another copy. I called again on Friday and yes...they still had not recieved it. So, sorry about the confusion.

Originally posted by Robz
Oh that's cool you know your going for a waitlist spot and they already have your transcripts. I must have misunderstood.

I don't think it will be long now. Certainly not a month to approve your primary application.

Sorry about the mix up with the evaluation. You will need to send your letters of recommendation (LOR) and your secondary application back to the school asap.

I was referring to the fact I sent my LOR to my own school UT but they didn't get them within 2 weeks. I am super anal about my application status so I had them send another copy last week. They didn't quite appricate me telling them in no uncertain terms I didn't believe in them and they should send another copy. I called again on Friday and yes...they still had not recieved it. So, sorry about the confusion.

Rob

How do they verify your transcripts? Do they just call each college you attended? Do they do a background search too? I hope that's all it is because I don't think they will take a month to process the application.

The DO school to which I'm applying already has my supplementary application materials. They already have my LOR's, personal statement and check. Now it's just a matter if AACOMAS can verify and process my transcripts in 5 weeks.

Originally posted by bansheeDO
Rob

How do they verify your transcripts? Do they just call each college you attended? Do they do a background search too? I hope that's all it is because I don't think they will take a month to process the application.

The DO school to which I'm applying already has my supplementary application materials. They already have my LOR's, personal statement and check. Now it's just a matter if AACOMAS can verify and process my transcripts in 5 weeks.

They got your check...then they should ultra happy! Seriously though, sounds like you got most of your ducks in a row. (even if its late in the game)

I'm not the expert on AACOMAS by any means but this is what the offical site says.....

Verification
When all official transcripts are received, a course-by-course verification is performed, matching courses on your official transcripts with courses listed on the Academic Record portion of your AACOMAS Application. When significant course discrepancies or omissions are discovered, materials may be returned to you for correction and explanation.

Computer Processing
After course work verification, academic information is entered into our computer system and the Applicant Profile is created. A copy of your verified Application and the Applicant Profile are sent to your designated colleges. Once an application has been processed, applicants may view and print the Applicant Profile by utilizing the on-line status check.

Time Frame
Although the time frame varies, AACOMAS normally processes applications in four to six weeks. Applications submitted via AACOMAS On-Line may be processed slightly faster than paper applications. Missing transcripts and/or receipt of large volumes os materials in the AACOMAS Office can affect this time frame. If you cannot view your Applicant Profile, contact AACOMAS to make sure that your materials have been received. You should allow four weeks after submitting your application for processing before contacting AACOMAS regarding the status of your application.

So, in my best opinion that your should be fine. If they have everything and are just going to verify your stuff you should be fine. Unless there is a problem I don't see it taking the full 4 weeks. Besides, that would still be before March 21 and still within the time limit. They just have to check your transcripts to the application you filled out. Then they'll send it on down the line.

Yeah, they should be able to process your application within the next five weeks. As Rob said, the deadlines for most of the schools have already past. So your application won't be competeting with a large amount of other applications to get processed. BTW, what school are you applying to??

so why so late? Do you have a compelling reason for why you are this darn late in the process?

I agree w/Willie B about not having to compete w/all the other applicants for the AACOMAS people's time....they should have a pretty quick turn around time for you. But don't worry about bothering them. Check online often for when your info is sent out, and call them if you need too. Be nice about it and all, but don't worry too much about calling. Do what you have to do.

Good luck

Originally posted by DoctorInSpace
I agree w/Willie B about not having to compete w/all the other applicants for the AACOMAS people's time....they should have a pretty quick turn around time for you. But don't worry about bothering them. Check online often for when your info is sent out, and call them if you need too. Be nice about it and all, but don't worry too much about calling. Do what you have to do.

Good luck

Thanks for responding to my question.. It does seem like calling them has an effect. The day I called AACOMAS was the same day they suddenly found all my transcripts and updated my status. There is only one person there who scares me. There is a lady who answers the phones that is rude and extremely impatient. She gets frustrated really easily with questions. I'm just going to avoid her every time she picks up the phone. The other people who answer the phone are quite helpfull though.

I can't reveal the school I'm applying to because this process I'm going through isn't exactly published. I'm in one of the school's other programs and thus they give us perks like this in the application process. I was told by the adcom to not spread news of this because they can't provide this service to everyone. But if I get in, I will let you all know. :)