Need your opinion on DO LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princesslinda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The DO that I have been shadowing showed me a rough draft of his LOR and overall, it was a positive letter. However his concluding paragraph is:

"I strongly recommend ____ for your school. She is a mature, energetic individual who would excel in a challenging environment. In light of all these attributes, I would say that she has a high probability of becoming a fine osteopath."

My question is regarding the last sentence. Does that last sentence sound okay (positive)? It seems to read kinda awkward to me.

Thanks for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

The DO that I have been shadowing showed me a rough draft of his LOR and overall, it was a positive letter. However his concluding paragraph is:

"I strongly recommend ____ for your school. She is a mature, energetic individual who would excel in a challenging environment. In light of all these attributes, I would say that she has a high probability of becoming a fine osteopath."

My question is regarding the last sentence. Does that last sentence sound okay (positive)? It seems to read kinda awkward to me.

Thanks for the input.

Eh... the wording is a bit weird, and reading "osteopath" makes me cringe a bit. But it seems fine to me.

If you feel comfortable, ask your letter writer to change "osteopath" to "osteopathic physician". It's not a huge deal though...

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks for the input.
I dont like the wording...Why cant he says: In light of all these attributes, I am convinced she will be an excellent osteopathic physician...That is what mine said...I would ask him to change it.

Last edited:
This is one that will not make or kill your letter overall. Osteopath may be due to when he was trained. Good luck.