• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

princesslinda

5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2011
Status (Visible)
The DO that I have been shadowing showed me a rough draft of his LOR and overall, it was a positive letter. However his concluding paragraph is:

"I strongly recommend ____ for your school. She is a mature, energetic individual who would excel in a challenging environment. In light of all these attributes, I would say that she has a high probability of becoming a fine osteopath."

My question is regarding the last sentence. Does that last sentence sound okay (positive)? It seems to read kinda awkward to me.

Thanks for the input.

Iliketoytles

5+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2011
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The DO that I have been shadowing showed me a rough draft of his LOR and overall, it was a positive letter. However his concluding paragraph is:

"I strongly recommend ____ for your school. She is a mature, energetic individual who would excel in a challenging environment. In light of all these attributes, I would say that she has a high probability of becoming a fine osteopath."

My question is regarding the last sentence. Does that last sentence sound okay (positive)? It seems to read kinda awkward to me.

Thanks for the input.

Eh... the wording is a bit weird, and reading "osteopath" makes me cringe a bit. But it seems fine to me.

If you feel comfortable, ask your letter writer to change "osteopath" to "osteopathic physician". It's not a huge deal though...

About the Ads

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
May 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Thanks for the input.
I dont like the wording...Why cant he says: In light of all these attributes, I am convinced she will be an excellent osteopathic physician...That is what mine said...I would ask him to change it.

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.