Needing some advice...

Started by kingalls
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kingalls

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a 3rd year with a strong interest in Rads with a couple of quick questions. As an American student at St. George’s I realize my chances are a little slimmer just for being an IMG.
I managed a 4.0 through 1st and 2nd year, 250/99 on step 1, and so far all A’s through my cores (peds, psych, OB/GYN – for some reason SGU is still going with the ABCF system in clinicals). I have plenty of research, but it’s all undergraduate, postgraduate, and from working at a pharmaceutical research company, not in med school and not radiology-related (all chemistry and clinical pharm). Originally from KC, getting back to the Midwest is a priority for me but honestly I’d take a spot about anywhere. Any idea what my chances are of matching? Would a strong performance on Step II help my cause? How many programs I should apply to, and in general, what else can I do to strengthen my app.? Thanks in advance for the help, and I appreciate any advice.
 
I'm in a similar boat . . . although i can't claim a 4.0 (we're H/P). i'd also love to know how to match, but i think i know what kind of answer to expect

so, my question leads to developing a list of my options: if i can't match, what would be the best avenue to land a fellowship that could get my foot in the door? is there a specific kind of fellowship, prelim program, etc that i should pursue??

i really appreciate your suggestions and input

thanks

-mountain