glorifiedwireholder
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
I’m finalizing my rank list for the Independent IR match and would really appreciate some input from current fellows and attendings regarding how to stratify these programs.
I want to graduate as a competent IR clinician (most important to me) and well-rounded operator. My post-fellowship plan is to start in a hybrid academic/PP model to solidify my advanced skills (or until I achieve PSLF status which would be 3-4 years after fellowship), with the ultimate goal of transitioning into a pure PP or an OBL environment.
I am trying to figure out which of these programs will best set me up for that specific trajectory including at least some exposure/training to establishing service lines later on (especially in vascular, PAE, UFE spaces) and ability to navigate the turf wars.
I also enjoy peds IR/MSK so any program that provides at least some level of training in that is a plus.
Here is the list of some of the programs I interviewed at (in no particular rank order; that still needs to be sorted out):
I’m finalizing my rank list for the Independent IR match and would really appreciate some input from current fellows and attendings regarding how to stratify these programs.
I want to graduate as a competent IR clinician (most important to me) and well-rounded operator. My post-fellowship plan is to start in a hybrid academic/PP model to solidify my advanced skills (or until I achieve PSLF status which would be 3-4 years after fellowship), with the ultimate goal of transitioning into a pure PP or an OBL environment.
I am trying to figure out which of these programs will best set me up for that specific trajectory including at least some exposure/training to establishing service lines later on (especially in vascular, PAE, UFE spaces) and ability to navigate the turf wars.
I also enjoy peds IR/MSK so any program that provides at least some level of training in that is a plus.
Here is the list of some of the programs I interviewed at (in no particular rank order; that still needs to be sorted out):
- BIDMC
- Brown
- Duke
- Emory
- MCVI
- MCW
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Georgetown
- Northwestern
- NYU
- OHSU (Dotter Institute)
- Rush
- Stanford University
- UCSF
- UMichigan
- UT Southwestern (UTSW)
- UWashington (Seattle)
- Mallinckrodt