Needs advice on cognitive neuroscience phd program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpatel22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am MD student in a off shore medical university. I am interested in phd degree in cognitive neuroscience. Please give me some advice in following topics:

What is the USMLE score requirement?

Upon graduation with a phd what are the options for me with MD/phd degree in cognitive neuroscience?

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Most graduate schools in the US look at GRE scores rather than USMLE scores. Perhaps there are some exceptions, where you can earn a PhD during residency.

Cognitive neuroscientists are most prevalent in psychiatry or neurology. But, the applications can be broad

Upon graduation with a phd what are the options for me with MD/phd degree in cognitive neuroscience?

Unless you also complete residency in the US, you will be limited to doing research because you won't be eligible for a medical license.

If you do complete residency, your career options would be the same as any other MD/PhD--only clinical, only research, or a combination of the two.