Negative on the math

Started by Andes87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Andes87

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all... forgive me if this has been discussed... :scared:

I am applying to post bacs and have been accepted to a couple for the fall. I am coming in with no prior science and very little math background. Is this going to pose as a problem? I took Business Calc, Stats and higher algebra in college, but is it necessary to have taken Calc 1? I did fine in those classes but I pretty much suck at math and would like it not to effect my grades when I begin the pre reqs. 😕
 
A few med schools require calc, but the overwhelming majority do not. No knowledge of calc is required to do well in the standard pre-med courses. A brief review of algebra and some very basic geometry and trig will be helpful before starting, but is not essential.