Negatives of the SDN forums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
5008_9c00_420.gif

I'm this gumpy man. Oh wait, I'm still in HS! :D

Members don't see this ad.

um no. Getting ready to transfer occurs really only in fall of sophomore year. Then you study during spring of junior year. At least thats what I and many of my transfer friends did. I know many people who studied for the mcat while in school and they did great on both the test and their classes. Only downside of transferring that I can think of is the interruption of previous activities (if the new school is far away from your old one).

I studied during the spring as well. But I'm sure as everyone knows, studying during the school year is tough. Its possible, but I still recommend that transfers start studying before they transfer to make everything easier.

But yeah, interrupting EC's was a huge problem for me. It took me 2 quarters of hard searching and applying to even find research and other EC's. By then AMCAS was due so it didn't really help me out too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.

Well. I feel like a complete idiot now. That's what I get for procrastinating and drinking and surfing SDN at the same time! ;)
the true king of the jungle..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SqXl9Zj6k[/YOUTUBE]

"...jumps 12 feet in the air..."

:wow:

This thread is now about a Lion vs. Tiger battle!

inb4liger

Anyone see that Animal Planet show where they computer simulate the battle between animals?

Like who would win...
A lion or a bear?
A gorilla or an aligator?
A raptor or elephant?

Its pretty legit

"...jumps 12 feet in the air..."

:wow:

This thread is now about a Lion vs. Tiger battle!

inb4liger
contrast my previous vid to this -

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuxO-C2IzE[/YOUTUBE]

lions are pansies

Members don't see this ad :)
lioness vs. tigress

I love interspecies conflicts! :)

I want to see tiger vs certain humans that I know. Maybe, tiger vs george w bush. I'd watch that on pay-per-view! :laugh:

I want to see tiger vs certain humans that I know. Maybe, tiger vs george w bush. I'd watch that on pay-per-view! :laugh:
Tangerine vs. Banana -- Battle of the Genetically Modified Fruits. LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Buy it on pay-per-view for $49.99, today!

Last edited:
or MD vs. DO or URM vs..... just kidding (negatives of sdn)

SDN definitely helped make my application a lot better and taught me a lot.

So it has been invaluable.

My only negative is, when I had a lot of free time, I was visiting the site too much and replying to threads I care nothing about. In other words, it can be addicting.

SDN definitely helped make my application a lot better and taught me a lot.

So it has been invaluable.

My only negative is, when I had a lot of free time, I was visiting the site too much and replying to threads I care nothing about. In other words, it can be addicting.

SDN addiction can certainly be a problem! :)

I like that this thread has become a contest between tigers and lions (and various species). I will just say that velociraptors own all.
Vraptor-scale.png

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the velociraptor would get trashed by most of the other animals we're discussing. The "raptors" in Jurassic Park were closer to the size of Deinonychus.

But velociraptor is a clever girl!

I'm scared of raptors.....and don't ever go on the raptor at cedar point. It will give you a massive headache.