Negotiating between schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsmleague

Reaction score
is this possible to call DO schools to negotiate scholarships and tuition costs?

Members don't see this ad.

People have in the past but this isnt undergrad. Scholarships by in large are need based and rare. Plus you risk coming off terribly and no one applicant is good enough for a school to make up for it. Theres about 10 people that would kill for your seat and wouldn't ask for money off.

Like I said...people have done it but I've never heard of it working and there is a much higher chance of backfiring than actually working. Plus, its not like they're gonna just say 'okay!' and magically knock of 10 grand because you ask nicely...idk what you're expecting to happen here

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Medical school scholarships are few and far between, and the ones that do exist are largely need based. Neither school will care that you got an acceptance somewhere else. Seeing as these are DO schools you aren't some candidate they are salivating over getting.

Reactions: 1 users
Nope. Medical school scholarships are few and far between, and the ones that do exist are largely need based. Neither school will care that you got an acceptance somewhere else. Seeing as these are DO schools you aren't some candidate they are salivating over getting.
Needs based as in fafsa for people coming from poverty?

If so, where do I sign up for need-based scholarships

Needs based as in fafsa for people coming from poverty?

If so, where do I sign up for need-based scholarships

Yes FAFSA and institutional stuff. My school has a form you fill out through the school to take need into consideration. You MUST provide your parents’ information for these things, but not FAFSA.