NEJM Journal Watch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inertia123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a free copy of this in the mail. Seems to have easy to digest summaries of many primary articles. 12 issue subscription for the year ($70 for residents, $130 for attendings) seems kinda steep though? Anyone use this and really like it? Don't really know what else to use - not gonna sit there and read full text primary literature myself.

Members don't see this ad.

You can get a free email for your specialties/areas of interest. One article summary is usually free, the other ones are behind the pay wall, but the email still lists the author name and journal. Pretty easy to pull the abstract from Pubmed based on this. Sure, you don't get the comment and critical appraisal, but you need to decide if you want to pay that money for it. I am using it more to keep myself up to date with new literature

Subscribed to it for a year, and thought it was pretty much a waste of time. Most of it could be summarized by "this is interesting, but don't go changing your practice on our account."