Neonatology Fellowship Invitations 2016

Started by neodoc2016
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neodoc2016

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'm applying to Neonatology fellowship this year and wanted to start a thread for those of you who are also applying regarding interviews, invites, etc. I am applying primarily in the Midwest. Wondering how many places people applied and when most places send out the bulk of their invites for anyone that may have some insight? Thanks.
 
Morning 🙂

I was wondering when someone will start a Neo thread!

I applied to total of 21 programs , all over the country. I am visa dependent so I could only apply to certain programs. '
So far I got 3 interviews: Alabama , LIJ and Brown. Have also received these general "we got your application, we will start reviewing them soon" emails from Vanderbilt, Jackson Miami and Mercy. No rejections as of yet.
My top choices:
Seattle, Colorado, Baylor, Vanderbilt

Good luck to all of us in this cycle!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone? other threads are blooming, where are all the NICU applicants? 😀

Please update which programs you heard from, it will help all of us knowing which programs sent out already.
I am still hopeful. My NICU head says that programs still send invited throughout August.
 
So far I've heard from Wisconsin, U of Chicago, Loyola, UT Southwestern and a few other "We have received your application" emails. Any other places people have heard from? From what I have seen and other residents it seems programs are still sending out invites
 
I got 2 more: Buffalo and Cincinnati children's
And an "sorry we are taking so long- you will hear from us shortly" from OHSU 🙂

Still hopeful!