Neoucom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momofpremeds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news/movement on NEOUCOM? Acceptances, withdrawls, rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

Any news/movement on NEOUCOM? Acceptances, withdrawls, rejections?

I haven't heard anything since I got the letter which stated which third on the waitlist i am in. I recieved that letter a couple weeks ago.

R U getting any sense of what this year's waitlist movement will be?

Members don't see this ad :)
i spoke with Luke and he said that movement shoudl begin after may 15 (signing day) and continue well into june.

how come this school is so much more expensive than other schools?

it is very difficult to gain acceptance to neoucom through direct entry. if you get accepted there, you should have a decent shot at other ohio schools (like wright state). i would say neoucom is definitely the worst allopathic school in ohio.

it is very difficult to gain acceptance to neoucom through direct entry. if you get accepted there, you should have a decent shot at other ohio schools (like wright state). i would say neoucom is definitely the worst allopathic school in ohio.

Nikki2002 -

I checked some of your other posts - you just got accepted for matriculation this fall, (after a few tries) but you list yourself as a med student. In all honestly you are not a med student until the first day of class. On that same note, since you are not currently a student at NEOUCOM or any other med school until this fall, and you will never try a class at NEOUCOM; your comments are not based upon facts.

Those of us interested in NEOUCOM would appreciate it if you would please refraim from your negativity about a school you don't attend or have reason to criticize, it really isn't helpful or curteous.

There are different med schools and different degrees because the world is a diverse place - lots of different interests, lots of different study habits and lots of different degrees of potential. What might not work for you, might work great for someone else.

As a moderator, you should know better. Your post is extremely detrimental to SDN and students that are either attending NEOUCOM or interested in attending NEOUCOM.

Good luck in med school!

Nikki2002 -

I checked some of your other posts - you just got accepted for matriculation this fall, (after a few tries) but you list yourself as a med student. In all honestly you are not a med student until the first day of class. On that same note, since you are not currently a student at NEOUCOM or any other med school until this fall, and you will never try a class at NEOUCOM; your comments are not based upon facts.

Those of us interested in NEOUCOM would appreciate it if you would please refraim from your negativity about a school you don't attend or have reason to criticize, it really isn't helpful or curteous.

There are different med schools and different degrees because the world is a diverse place - lots of different interests, lots of different study habits and lots of different degrees of potential. What might not work for you, might work great for someone else.

As a moderator, you should know better. Your post is extremely detrimental to SDN and students that are either attending NEOUCOM or interested in attending NEOUCOM.

Good luck in med school!

I'm currently looking at what schools to apply to, and being in Ohio currently, I've heard a lot of anecdotal evidence to what Nikki had to say. Saying neoucom is the worst school in ohio isn't saying it's a bad school.. It's comparing it to the other allopath med schools here...Case, Cincy, Wright, Toledo, and Ohio state. Compared to those, I've heard enough people who either attended, currently are attending, and those who interview there and were less-than-impressed to give support to that opinion. You are absolutely right in that many people have different criteria for med school and I have no doubt that there are those for whom neoucom is probably perfect. I'm sure, though, that Nikki and others have heard some of the same stories and more importantly, a reputation like that doesn't start spontaneously, and I've seen MANY disparaging remarks about neoucom on SDN forums...so I refuse to believe those remarks are completely unfounded. So just realize that such a reputation may not be warranted in your eyes, but it's there and that is most likely what the poster was referring to, as am I. I will gladly give neoucom its full consideration as I'm flipping through the MSAR to decide on schools this round.

I'm currently looking at what schools to apply to, and being in Ohio currently, I've heard a lot of anecdotal evidence to what Nikki had to say. Saying neoucom is the worst school in ohio isn't saying it's a bad school.. It's comparing it to the other allopath med schools here...Case, Cincy, Wright, Toledo, and Ohio state. Compared to those, I've heard enough people who either attended, currently are attending, and those who interview there and were less-than-impressed to give support to that opinion. You are absolutely right in that many people have different criteria for med school and I have no doubt that there are those for whom neoucom is probably perfect. I'm sure, though, that Nikki and others have heard some of the same stories and more importantly, a reputation like that doesn't start spontaneously, and I've seen MANY disparaging remarks about neoucom on SDN forums...so I refuse to believe those remarks are completely unfounded. So just realize that such a reputation may not be warranted in your eyes, but it's there and that is most likely what the poster was referring to, as am I. I will gladly give neoucom its full consideration as I'm flipping through the MSAR to decide on schools this round.

Pedsbro,

I don't know what you were taught but if I hear something is the "worst" that certainly doesn't make it good! Thus and again, Nikki is making a judgemental statement that might cause the school to earn an unfair reputation.

Its good that you're keeping an open mind. If you don't like the school, don't apply. I doubt that Nikki is qualified to make this judgement call.

Nikki sounds quite angry, does she have a bone to pick with the school?

i spoke with Luke and he said that movement shoudl begin after may 15 (signing day) and continue well into june.

last year:
UC tuition and fee is $27,987
OH (DO) is $24,288
NEOUCOM is $27,930

Pedsbro,

I don't know what you were taught but if I hear something is the "worst" that certainly doesn't make it good! Thus and again, Nikki is making a judgemental statement that might cause the school to earn an unfair reputation.

Its good that you're keeping an open mind. If you don't like the school, don't apply. I doubt that Nikki is qualified to make this judgement call.

Nikki sounds quite angry, does she have a bone to pick with the school?

Sigh...:wow: I said calling neoucom the worst of the 6 allopath ohio schools does NOT make the school "bad". It can be the worst school in that state, and still be better than half the other schools in the country... So it can very well be a good school compared to most others (remember there are over 125 allo schools out there).

Anyway, the point again is that whether the reputation is unfair or undeserved does not change the fact that it exists and is relatively widespread and thus is going to affect peoples' decisions and opinions on it. Look through SDN close enough, and unfortunately you won't be happy with what you may read about neoucom...and frankly, other schools as well that also have a deserved or undeserved bad rep. In fact, I'd go so far to say that you would be in the minority...I've seen more bad testimony for neoucom than good. Kudos for trying to change that...

did he give any info about waitlist movement in the past? (aka if they usually get thru the top 1/3 and middle 1/3 or ever get to the bottom 1/3 etc?

did he give any info about waitlist movement in the past? (aka if they usually get thru the top 1/3 and middle 1/3 or ever get to the bottom 1/3 etc?

he told me that it depends each year. they mainly wait on their BS-MDs since their program is mainly geared towards them. each year they accept about 20 direct entry students, but last year they went up to 40 b/c not many BSMDs passed the mcat or chose not to attend the school.

Did he give you any indication how many were on the waitlist this year?

Members don't see this ad :)

nope. He can't give away that info. I did speak with the director during my interview and she said that any good news will come from a phone call.

Hey, when I spoke with Polly, she said that there were over 100 people on the waitlist. Does that sound right? Since they interviewed around 120-135 direct entry applicants, does it mean that everyone who wasn't accepted outright was placed on the waitlist?

he told me that it depends each year. they mainly wait on their BS-MDs since their program is mainly geared towards them. each year they accept about 20 direct entry students, but last year they went up to 40 b/c not many BSMDs passed the mcat or chose not to attend the school.

This does not sound good for this year's applicants. This probably means that fewer spots will be open to direct entry folks. I think, unfortunately.:(

Since they are going to get the normal amount of BSMDs matriculating for this year (around 85) plus the folks that didn't get a high enough MCAT last year but had 1 year to meet the requirements. Not good new for us.

Hey, when I spoke with Polly, she said that there were over 100 people on the waitlist. Does that sound right? Since they interviewed around 120-135 direct entry applicants, does it mean that everyone who wasn't accepted outright was placed on the waitlist?

My understanding are that very, very few are accepted until May - July. Most applicants that interview are waitlisted in preparation for the BS/MD's results. Some of the BS/MD's actually leave the program - try to keep positive thoughts and hope that those interested get accepted.

My understanding are that very, very few are accepted until May - July. Most applicants that interview are waitlisted in preparation for the BS/MD's results. Some of the BS/MD's actually leave the program - try to keep positive thoughts and hope that those interested get accepted.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.:)

Are you also an alternate on the UC list. Best case senario you get into both. Which one would you choose (UC or NEOUCOM)?

Both schools offer different opportunities; either would be wonderful. I hope each one gets their wish; this has been a long and arduous process for everyone!

Last edited:
Any word? Anyone call?

i called the office last week and was told no waitlist movement will really occur until june bc they will get get the info on the bsmd students until june (mcats etc)

now that its june.. any news from neoucom? anyone talk to the office and hear when expected waitlist movement is expected to occur?

now that its june.. any news from neoucom? anyone talk to the office and hear when expected waitlist movement is expected to occur?

Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!

I'm in baby!!!!!! :hardy:

Got the call from Luke today, and I said yes.

Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!

congrats on the acceptance!!! thats so exciting!

do u mind sharing any info ?
were in in the top 1/3?
instate/out of state?
m/f?
and stats you are comfortable sharing?

Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, you are so lucky! Enjoy the acceptance and do well!!

Did Luke give you any idea how many might make the cut?

Again, good for you - enjoy!!!!

congrats on the acceptance!!! thats so exciting!

do u mind sharing any info ?
were in in the top 1/3?
instate/out of state?
m/f?
and stats you are comfortable sharing?

My info:
Top 1/3
Instate
Male

I'm originally from CA, moved to OH in 2006 with my wife and established OH residency. Worked for several years after graduating undergrad. BTW, I am not a URM.

Thanks for the congrats:thumbup:

Congratulations, you are so lucky! Enjoy the acceptance and do well!!

Did Luke give you any idea how many might make the cut?

Again, good for you - enjoy!!!!

Thanks momofpremeds, again you have shown me encouragement and I really appreciate it.

They need to wait on some people to return messages and make more calls.

Last year NEOUCOM went down to the middle 1/3 and used it extensively. Last year there were applicants that were in the high 1/3 that already had acceptances to other schools and did not inform NEOUCOM to remove them from the waitlist. I think that this is probably true this year as well, b/c some folks just want to see how many acceptances they can rack up. It must be an ego thing.

Keep the faith, it's still very early in June.:thumbup:

Thanks momofpremeds, again you have shown me encouragement and I really appreciate it.

They need to wait on some people to return messages and make more calls.

Last year NEOUCOM went down to the middle 1/3 and used it extensively. Last year there were applicants that were in the high 1/3 that already had acceptances to other schools and did not inform NEOUCOM to remove them from the waitlist. I think that this is probably true this year as well, b/c some folks just want to see how many acceptances they can rack up. It must be an ego thing.

Keep the faith, it's still very early in June.:thumbup:

thanks for the info! thats really good to hear they went down to the middle 1/3 and used it extensively. I am in the middle third and still really interested in NEOUCOM .

again congrats and enjoy knowing where you will be next year!

:thumbup:

Glad I could help.

Its a great program and as I understand it, the Chancellor of Ohio Post-Secondary Education, Eric Fingerhut, plans to improve the program further. Best wishes to you and let's hope this waitlist moves way down now the list ASAP!

To all the folks waiting on NEOUCOM:

On Friday I spoke to the admissions office and found out that they are still waiting on the final tally of BSMDs that will matriculate. Therefore, don't worry if you are on the waitlist and haven't heard anything yet, because the admissions office still needs to finalize the list of available spots that can be offered to the direct entry applicants. They hope to have this list by mid-June and then the calls should be fast and furious through July and possibly till orientation. Good luck to all hopefuls. :luck:

Last edited:

Last edited:
I just got into UC med so I am withdrawing from the waitlist at NEOUCOM , Good luck everyone! hopefully the mass movement starts soon!

That's great news. UC doesn't have much movement so you must have been near the top. I'm very familiar with UC and the Nati so PM me so that I can give you a heads up on places to live, profs, and so on.

Again, that's awesome!:)

Called admissions office today- seems they still havent gotten together the number of bs/md's they plan on admitting. Said they probably wont have this stuff ready for another week or 2.

Godspeed.

I just got into NEOUCOM off the waitlist today! I was on the high part of the list. I'm a traditional applicant so they must have the BS/MD class nailed down and are ready to send out the acceptances.

Called admissions office today- seems they still havent gotten together the number of bs/md's they plan on admitting. Said they probably wont have this stuff ready for another week or 2.

Godspeed.

Accepted
I just got into NEOUCOM off the waitlist today! I was on the high part of the list. I'm a traditional applicant so they must have the BS/MD class nailed down and are ready to send out the acceptances.

great news.

Last edited:
Dear all,

gto the call 1015 this morning, this seems to be the whammy load of acceptance offers.

Congrats to you! Are you definitely committing or still holding out for other schools?

Barring any WL movement at UC or OSU, YES :)

Im instate non-trad, currently reside in nyc

makin the treck back to the good state of ohio

Last edited:
anyone hear anything

Last edited:
yeah, i'm curious if anyone heard something yet or knows if there is any movement?

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!