NEOUCOP 2011 admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dazzled

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for NEOUCOP, so figured I'd start one.

This school isn't my first choice, but I still wouldn't mind going there.

Question: has anybody that submitted their pharmcas to NEOUCOP received any sort of confirmation? I submitted it to my schools and got confirmation from 2/3, but not NEOUCOP. I still need to send in my supplemental this week, so hopefully after that they will confirm that they received my materials.

Edit 11/3: So, I just received a phone call from the school. I have an interview on Nov. 16th, the day after my birthday! I wasn't expecting it as I never received confirmation of them receiving my primary and I still have not submitted my secondary (doing that tomorrow/Friday though!).

YAY!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just received a phone cal this morning and I also have an iterview on 11/16. Hope you get a good birthday present and get accepted!

Does anyone know what specific questions that they ask at the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what specific questions that they ask at the interview?

One of the girls in my classes interviewed 2 weeks ago and got accepted.

She said they have a conversation with you and ask things like what are your strengths and weaknesses, how can you work on them, etc.

The only thing that I'm not happy about is that the interview is in 2 weeks, then they take 2 weeks to get back to you, and if they offer you a seat, you have only two weeks to decide. So, six weeks from now, for me. The problem is I don't think I will have even interviewed at my #1 school by then :(

Decisions, decisions.....

Even though I'm new to the pharmacy side of things, I know how it works in medical school. I would contact your number one school with a letter of intent and also a phone call saying you were accepted somewhere else. Personally, I would go to the first place that accepts you. There is a reason you applied to that school in the first place. That's just my opinion. Good luck on what you decide!

Do you think that I can get out of the second half of the biochem sequence and also not take microeconomics since I will have my B.S. degree? I have the first half of biochem but never registered for the second. I will graduate this december and don't really have the money to pay for more courses without being an undergrad.

Do you think that I can get out of the second half of the biochem sequence and also not take microeconomics since I will have my B.S. degree? I have the first half of biochem but never registered for the second. I will graduate this december and don't really have the money to pay for more courses without being an undergrad.

More than likely no; prerequisites aren't really "suggested" classes, they're required, and I'm pretty sure non-negotiable.

I know NEOUCOP even favors applicants that have completed all prereqs prior to applying (rather than prior to graduation).

Any acceptances yet? If so, what are your stats?

Any acceptances yet? If so, what are your stats?

We should know within a week or so for those of us that interviewed on 11/16.

MY STATS:
3.76 cGPA
3.56 sGPA
B.S. Degree in Biology after this semester
Working as a pharmacy cashier
Shadowing and volunteering
Under graduate research in the microbiology lab
NO PCAT score yet (I plan on getting conditionally accepted without the score and then meeting a certain requirement to get into the school; my friend did this last year and only had to score a 50% on the PCAT)

Any questions about my stats or undergraduate let me know. Also, please post something if you have any suggestions. Anyone that gets a phonecall let us know!!!

Don't worry about not getting any confirmation yet. If there's anything in your application that they're missing, they'll be sure to call you and plead with you to complete the application and not withdraw.

As snide as that sounds, I'm not joking. They called me at work once (at work, not at home, meaning they called my house first, someone at my house gave them my work number, and they then called that) and did exactly that to me.

Has anyone been accepted yet? I'm getting kinda anxious! It feels like I have interviewed entirely too long ago and it has only been two weeks... I guess I'm an impatient individual :D

Has anyone been accepted yet? I'm getting kinda anxious! It feels like I have interviewed entirely too long ago and it has only been two weeks... I guess I'm an impatient individual :D

Same here but I haven't heard back from them yet. Does anyone know if NEOUCOP calls or sends a letter to inform you of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here but I haven't heard back from them yet. Does anyone know if NEOUCOP calls or sends a letter to inform you of acceptance?

Don't hold me to this, but I want to say they call you if you're in, and send a letter or email if you've been rejected or waitlisted.

Dazzled, you would be right on the phone call if you are accepted and a letter if you are rejected.

dazzled or twgordon123 have either of you heard from them yet? It has to be getting close since you interviewed a few weeks ago right?

Last edited:
Just got the call...they convened the adcom yesterday (the holidays interfered with the timing), and I've been accepted!!

Now I need to wait on my 1st choice school to decide whether or not I'll be attending..should know before Christmas..but either way I'm going to pharmacy schooool!!!

Uh oh! I haven't heard from them yet. I called them and they told me that because of the holiday, not all of the phone calls have been made. It still makes me nervous that they have made a decision on everyone. So knowing by Christmas would have been ideal, but it isn't looking to promising for a few... including me!

Well, I got accepted into my top school, so I am declining NEOUCOP admission. It's a great school, and I was really impressed with the facilities and faculty; but I'm a buckeye and can't pass up on a chance to continue being one. At least it frees up a seat for somebody else :)

i'll be declining. best of luck to you guys!