1. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

NERB question

Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by BuckeyMcGee, Dec 29, 2008.

1. BuckeyMcGee

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi all, it has been a while. So I graduate in 2010 and would like to eventually practice up in the northeast...probably New Jersey (don't ask why...it involves a long and complicated explanation). I'll be working for the Navy for 4 years, and I am currently attending Nova in Florida. With all that said, how does the Navy go about licensing? Should I take the NERBs for my board exam or take the Florida boards? I've heard the NERBs are easier and it also would allow me to practice where I want following the Navy. Any input?

2. dentalhelp2006

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    NERB/ADEX is the way to go. Easier and covers around 44 states.

3. t2009

Dental Student
    Just to give you a heads up. I'm a senior graduating in may from Florida. We were told right before the break that if we were to pass the Florida Board that our license would be accepted by any state accepting the NERB exam.

They were very clear to say that it would not work the other way. So if you take the NERB outside of Florida you will have to take the Florida board to get licensed in Florida.

Hope this makes your decision easier. It has for a lot of my classmates who are now taking the Florida board due to this recent news.