NERB (winter session)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drny

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am taking the NERB in dec at NYU. Does anyone know what are the required materials that we need (typodont, face mask...)??

Also, if anyone attending NYU. Do you know if i would be able to screen pts / practice with a fee maybe at the sim lab?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you are not an NYU student. You have to pay a fee if you want to rent their instruments such as perio, endo, and operative including high and lo handpieces. If you are bringing your own hanpieces, make sure that the motor fits the hoses for the chair. You should call the director of the nerb at NYU ( sorry i forgot his name). As far as mask, things to set up the chair and rubber dam, everything is there for you to use. You will have to pay a fee to use the facility at NYU separate from instrument rental fee. the typhodont and mask will be given to you during the endo and prosth part. You will have to rent (from columbia dentoform company) or bring your own manikan pole and metal head set up the one that mounts onto the chair. make sure that you get this early because it takes 3-4 weeks to mail to you. I don't believe that you can use their facilities to screen or practice if you are not an NYU student. they have a henry shine store in the basement in case you forgot something. You will be required to go to an orientation session the day before the exam to fill out your examination papers. If you have an assistant i believe they have to attend too with picture for ID badge and ID to register (however they cannot stay with you during the orientation. a letter will be mailed to you from NYU, but it's usually mailed later separate from NERB with instructions. good tip for NERB, pay attention to your time and paperwork. and make sure that you check out if your chair is fully functioning before you start, because you will not get any lost time back. Good luck.

Hi
I am taking the NERB in dec at NYU. Does anyone know what are the required materials that we need (typodont, face mask...)??

Also, if anyone attending NYU. Do you know if i would be able to screen pts / practice with a fee maybe at the sim lab?

Thanks

The testing site should provide you with all this information. If you do not have it yet CALL THEM NOW!!!