Nernst Equation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICUrunning

On the Iron Path
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it super important? I think destroyer had a question on it. Any DAT test takers know any hard chem topics that should be studied and focused on?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, doesn't hurt to remember it. They can test you on just about anything and Nernst equation is one of them.

It's really simple when you enumerate the terms. It comes out to something like this:

E(cell) = E0(cell) - (0.0591/n) * log (Q)

Very important my dude. I'm sure that most chemistry textbooks, Kaplan, and the destroyer cover this topic well. Also one of my friends that just took the exam last Friday said that one of the nerst problems was word for word from a destroyer question that asked for the nerst

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
its not that hard to remember it, but for what its worth..its no where on Bootcamp and wasn't on my exam.

its not that hard to remember it, but for what its worth..its no where on Bootcamp and wasn't on my exam.
Really? Wasn't on bootcamp. Hmm.. Interesting. I've never tried bootcamp but from all the hype of bootcamp I see on SDN wouldn't you think it would be an important thing to have on there?

Really? Wasn't on bootcamp. Hmm.. Interesting. I've never tried bootcamp but from all the hype of bootcamp I see on SDN wouldn't you think it would be an important thing to have on there?

or maybe they opted to not put it on there because its not important? IDK, its not a perfect program. Like i said, it wasn't on my DAT.