Nerves Are Kicking In!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HouseDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh man, PT school starts this summer for me! Are any other incoming DPT students a bundle of nerves and excitement?

I've been casually reviewing anatomy but the current first-year students at my school said to just take it easy for the next month or so. What's everyone else doing in the meantime?

Members don't see this ad.

Hoping to get in so I don't have to waste money going back to take freshman classes that I ****ed up in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep

I'm right there with you, HouseDPT. School starts for me at the end of May and I'm starting to get a little nervous and excited. I plan to review a little anatomy next month (when I am no longer working full time), but only beacuse my A&P classes were so long ago. Other than that I am finishing up work and planning a vacation before classes start. First years at my school said the same thing- take it easy before classes start and I plan to take that advice. There will be plenty of time later for studying and stress :) Btw, where will you be attending?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't start until August, so my nerves haven't set in quite yet. I think I'll review some anatomy this summer, but I'm not going to memorize specifics. Every professor teaches anatomy differently and I don't want to memorize something one way and have the professor teach it a different way.

Btw, awesome screen name HouseDPT :D

Hoping to get in so I don't have to waste money going back to take freshman classes that I ****ed up in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep

Keep your head up. Did you apply during this cycle?

I'm right there with you, HouseDPT. School starts for me at the end of May and I'm starting to get a little nervous and excited. I plan to review a little anatomy next month (when I am no longer working full time), but only beacuse my A&P classes were so long ago. Other than that I am finishing up work and planning a vacation before classes start. First years at my school said the same thing- take it easy before classes start and I plan to take that advice. There will be plenty of time later for studying and stress :) Btw, where will you be attending?

Yeah, that's what I figure as well. It sounds like we'll hit the ground running once the program starts so memorizing the tarsal ligaments probably won't give us that much of a leg up anyway.

I don't start until August, so my nerves haven't set in quite yet. I think I'll review some anatomy this summer, but I'm not going to memorize specifics. Every professor teaches anatomy differently and I don't want to memorize something one way and have the professor teach it a different way.

Right about the professors. I also considered buying another atlas (I already have Netter's) with cadaver pictures. But I figure I'd hold off until I get on campus and see how I fare for the lab exams without it. $80 is a lot of money now that we're plunging into grad school!

Allow me to put it in perspective for you. YOU GOT IN! Relax and enjoy the last few months of social freedoms.

You want to talk about nerves?

Picture this, YOU DIDN'T GET IN. YOU'RE ON 3 WAITLISTS. That is nerving wrenching. Appreciate what you have and enjoy your last summer for a few years.

To all those who didn't get in, hang in there. I stand in uncertainty with you! Don't give up on what you're passionate about.

Very wise choice. You'll learn in anatomy that some things aren't standardized in terms of innervation levels of muscles or even muscle actions (just a few examples). Their notes or lectures may not correspond with the text you use, and even texts have different information than other resources such as Netter's atlas. If you have to study prior to PT school, study generally.

Best of luck, ya'll.

Yep just waiting to see. Sbu is my last choice. Already about to register at my college to retake some dumb freshman classes. My luck I'll get loans and go the summer quarter, make all A's , and then sbu will mail my acceptance lol.