Nervous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myopia0017

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be applying for fall 2008 at SCCO and UHCO. I will be graduatiing in dec., a semester earlier than I am supposed to. Currently my gpa is a 3.46 and I've been working for an optometrist for over a year now, volunteering for an animal shelter and I am in only 2-3 clubs. I've been so nervous though about the whole application process, I've been nervous since last fall. I haven't taken my OATs yet, but I am scheduled to this April. I am taking so many labs and courses right now that I haven;t had the time to study thouroughly for it. Does anyone have any tips on how to study for the OAT? I did purchase a Kaplan book and I;ve been reading it for quite some time now. My other question is, besides not having taken the OAT yet, do I have a good chance of landing an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are studying Kaplan material and you can get that down...you will be fine. I bought the online Kaplan course and didn't even finish it, my Kaplan diagnostic score was 305AA and 300TS. I took the real OAT and I scored 340AA and 350TS. Kaplan's materials are MUCH more challenging than what you will be likely to see on test day so if you master the Kaplan material you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

well, your gpa is pretty good so as long as you don't mess up your OAT scores I think that you'll have a good chance of getting accepted. Try to get a respectable score like: 330 TS and 330 AA and you should be okay.

yeah I think Kaplan worked pretty good too...I feel like for some aspects their practice tests were a lot harder than the actual OAT!

Your GPA and opt. experience sounds awesome though so no need to be TOO nervous! Good luck :)

Hmm speaking of Kaplan I have my huge-o book and flashcards lying around if anyone wants to purchase?