nervous

asa5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am retaking the OATs and have less than 2 weeks left!
At the moment i am going through the destroyer....and having a hard time with the GC and Physics section.
For some reason I feel the questions in the book for some of the sections are harder than the one i got on the first exam i took.
Did anyone else find the book difficult....because i do not want to go in to the test discouraged...

thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

don't be discouraged! some of the questions in the destroyer are harder than what you'll see on the actual oat. i wouldn't worry about getting them all right but rather focus on knowing the underlying concepts and formulas used in the questions because while the oat may not have questions with as many calculations and steps - it will cover the same main points as the destroyer.
the destroyer fits in just about every topic you need to know for the oat and it does this by putting multiple concepts/formulas in each question which can make them seem a bit hard. so as long as you go over and understand the underlying concepts of the questions you got wrong - you'll be fine.

i also kind of liked that the destroyer was a bit harder than the real thing because it really prepared me and i felt like i knew my stuff. when it came to the oat-the science sections were not bad at all and i was able to breeze through them (t.s 400) thanks to the destroyer . so dont let it worry you if the destroyer questions seem hard - just hang in there and keep doing what your doing.
good luck!

I haven't taken the OAT yet and I was wondering if the OAT destroyer is a lot harder than the actual test in regards to the OChem section? And did most of you take a year of OChem? I've only taken a half year... is that good enough to do ok?

I'm nervous too!!! I'm taking the OAT in a couple weeks too!

i only did 1/2 a year and did fine! obviously no 400...but you can do it! I went over most of the kaplan ochem section, tried to look for trends and jotted down important catalysts that I knew did a certain thing to the reaction.