You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
netflix
Started by sxogriff820
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/medical-documentaries-list.831578/
I don't think there are any osteopathic medicine documentaries on that list.
I don't think there are any osteopathic medicine documentaries on that list.
I literally thought this thread was going to be someone asking for someones netflix account to watch the new releases haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
" Getting On" on HBO is great also
"The waiting room" on Netflix, deals with the uninsured using the ER as their sole means of care. Pretty good watch
Vegas ER is ridic. Though it annoys the hell out of me that the shows are circa mid-90's.
There is a documentary, Doctors Diaries, that was on Netflix, and now can be viewed for free on PBS. The documentary followed Harvard med students around in school, then in their residencies and finally in their professional lives.
I don't think this is on Netflix, but I highly highly recommend "Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare". http://escapefiremovie.com/. It's not specific to osteopathic medicine, but addresses the US healthcare system as a whole, very informative, surprisingly positive and uplifting despite the subject matter. One of the stories does involve a D.O. working at a community clinic in Oregon.
"Baghdad ER" is great
There is a documentary, Doctors Diaries, that was on Netflix, and now can be viewed for free on PBS. The documentary followed Harvard med students around in school, then in their residencies and finally in their professional lives.
That sounds awesome. Definitely will check this out.
The Boston Med and NY Med shows from like 7ish years ago are pretty cool too.
If you really want to see what medicine is like I highly recommend "Scrubs". Very enlightening.
I thought this was a good documentary. I watched it on Amazon Prime, so it might still be available there.I don't think this is on Netflix, but I highly highly recommend "Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare". http://escapefiremovie.com/. It's not specific to osteopathic medicine, but addresses the US healthcare system as a whole, very informative, surprisingly positive and uplifting despite the subject matter. One of the stories does involve a D.O. working at a community clinic in Oregon.
Also Scrubs.
Vanderbilt MDs is interesting as well. It's not on Netflix, but I think the first episode is available for free on YouTube. There are quite a few times it reminds me of a drama-filled reality show, but there is some decent stuff on there.
Also, you can never go wrong with House!
Also, you can never go wrong with House!
random question lol, does anyone have any recommendations for neflix shows/documentaries that have information about osteopathic medicine or medicine in general?
I'm pretty sure PBS is doing a special on women in medicine where they worked with a DO that wrote the book "The Feminine Touch: History of Women in Osteopathic Medicine".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds like that is only going to be on a local Florida PBS station. Hopefully there will be a link so everyone can watch it after it airs.I'm pretty sure PBS is doing a special on women in medicine where they worked with a DO that wrote the book "The Feminine Touch: History of Women in Osteopathic Medicine".
That sounds awesome. Definitely will check this out.
The Boston Med and NY Med shows from like 7ish years ago are pretty cool too.
Doctors' Diaries is on youtube. It's a little depressing though.
Vanderbilt MDs is interesting as well. It's not on Netflix, but I think the first episode is available for free on YouTube. There are quite a few times it reminds me of a drama-filled reality show, but there is some decent stuff on there.
Also, you can never go wrong with House!
Wow I've never heard of Vanderbilt MDs. Thanks for the suggestion, seems pretty good so far but I get that same drama show vibe from it.
Wow I've never heard of Vanderbilt MDs. Thanks for the suggestion, seems pretty good so far but I get that same drama show vibe from it.
The whole housing situation and the drama involved in that takes away from the show. The actual medical parts are interesting though.
The whole housing situation and the drama involved in that takes away from the show. The actual medical parts are interesting though.
Yeah, and they play on a lot of the stereotypes. But all in all it's a new thing to watch. Found the whole season on you tube.
Yeah, and they play on a lot of the stereotypes. But all in all it's a new thing to watch. Found the whole season on you tube.
Agreed. I laughed at how big of a dick they make Train out to be.
Doctors' Diaries is on youtube. It's a little depressing though.
This is a Must See!
Remote Area Medical is still in theaters, but may be on Netflix next year: https://www.facebook.com/remoteareamedicalmovie
Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare was very good. The DO in Oregon's day looks like a typical day of my shadowing. I hope I last longer than she did.
Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare was very good. The DO in Oregon's day looks like a typical day of my shadowing. I hope I last longer than she did.
Keep your eyes peeled; I hope Code Black makes it to Netflix eventually: http://codeblackmovie.com/
Agreed. I laughed at how big of a dick they make Train out to be.
Had a netflix marathon and finished all episodes haha. It was pretty neat. Idk if they're going to have additional seasons or what not but I enjoyed it a lot.
Had a netflix marathon and finished all episodes haha. It was pretty neat. Idk if they're going to have additional seasons or what not but I enjoyed it a lot.
Where did you watch the full season? It's not on netflix.
Where did you watch the full season? It's not on netflix.
It's a series on youtube actually. You can watch the first episode but pay 8 bucks to see all 6 on you tube.
Vanderbilt MDs is interesting as well. It's not on Netflix, but I think the first episode is available for free on YouTube. There are quite a few times it reminds me of a drama-filled reality show, but there is some decent stuff on there.
Also, you can never go wrong with House!
I've watched (some) House and I can say when they draw blood and do their own lab work.... that is most definitely false. At one point a Doctor is calibrating a centrifuge, not exactly realistic.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's a series on youtube actually. You can watch the first episode but pay 8 bucks to see all 6 on you tube.
free on optimum on demand!
free on optimum on demand!
Ah damn. Too late for me! Are there any other good shows on there?
I've watched (some) House and I can say when they draw blood and do their own lab work.... that is most definitely false. At one point a Doctor is calibrating a centrifuge, not exactly realistic.
I don't think that is any secret. He is still awesome though.
Ah damn. Too late for me! Are there any other good shows on there?
hmmm NY Med used to be on there too, it still might be. then you can get the usual Grey's Anatomy and House too I'm sure lol
hmmm NY Med used to be on there too, it still might be. then you can get the usual Grey's Anatomy and House too I'm sure lol
I've seen all of NY Med but strangely enough I have not seen a single episode of Grey's Anatomy and only 2 episodes of House. My lack of interest in medicine is alarming D:
I've seen all of NY Med but strangely enough I have not seen a single episode of Grey's Anatomy and only 2 episodes of House. My lack of interest in medicine is alarming D:
I used to watch a bit of House when I saw it on TV. I've always found it so unrealistic that, while entertaining, it just didn't get me hooked at all. Grey's Anatomy just comes across as a chick show so I've never seen that either lol. Next on my list is this "Doctor Diaries" everyone speaks of!
I used to watch a bit of House when I saw it on TV. I've always found it so unrealistic that, while entertaining, it just didn't get me hooked at all. Grey's Anatomy just comes across as a chick show so I've never seen that either lol. Next on my list is this "Doctor Diaries" everyone speaks of!
I enjoyed House because of his personality, not due to the medicine. On another note, if anyone needs a good read, Dr. Lisa Sanders, the advisor for the show, wrote a pretty cool book called "Every Patient Tells a Story."
I enjoyed House because of his personality, not due to the medicine. On another note, if anyone needs a good read, Dr. Lisa Sanders, the advisor for the show, wrote a pretty cool book called "Every Patient Tells a Story."
Dr. House was one of my favorite tv doctors as well. But for precisely that his personality.
Vanderbilt MDs is interesting as well. It's not on Netflix, but I think the first episode is available for free on YouTube. There are quite a few times it reminds me of a drama-filled reality show, but there is some decent stuff on there.
Also, you can never go wrong with House!
Eh. Vanderbilt MDs is not worth the watch in my opinion.
Vanderbilt MDs spends half the episode showing a bunch of socially inept nerds having awkward dinner conversations about saving the world - one hypertensive patient at a time.
Bumping this old thread to say that I've just discovered "Getting On" and it is great!" Getting On" on HBO is great also
There is a documentary, Doctors Diaries, that was on Netflix, and now can be viewed for free on PBS. The documentary followed Harvard med students around in school, then in their residencies and finally in their professional lives.
This does indeed sound awesome. Like the harvard med version of Boyhood.
In curb your enthusiasm, Larry David's uncle is an osteopath. Very informative stuff.
It's on YouTube: http://bit.ly/1LEfqOr. (So is the affirmative action clip: http://bit.ly/1MJx1sh)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
See I enjoy watching them. My mom is a nurse and whenever I visit her we will watch house and shout out diagnoses at the tv... Typically when we watch House.
Mock greys anatomy constantly as well but I'm sadly addicted 😀
Mock greys anatomy constantly as well but I'm sadly addicted 😀
Greys anatomy is amazing
Greys anatomy is amazing
Yaaaaaas I just got started a couple weeks ago and I'm hooked
I cannot stand watching doctor shows.
Tbh same. Except The Nick because there's more to it than just medicine.
Like whorehouses, dope, and gangsters.
D
deleted407021
Doctors' Diaries is both amazing and depressing.
Follows Harvard docs from med school through practice and many of them turn out miserable.
Follows Harvard docs from med school through practice and many of them turn out miserable.