Netter CD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtreese

Caramel Gollum
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else used this CD version of Netter's? It's frikkin amazing! I don't even use my bound atlas. I've seen reviews of the old version that say it sucked, but this one rocks. It has all the atlas plates, searchable by system or region. It also has USMLE-style questions, and you can generate tests for yourself. With the tests, you can either locate or name structures. You can build your own practice practicals and save them for later. Oh, and the CD is $40. I wish I hadn't bothered to buy the book.

Members don't see this ad.

dtreese said:
Has anybody else used this CD version of Netter's? It's frikkin amazing! I don't even use my bound atlas. I've seen reviews of the old version that say it sucked, but this one rocks. It has all the atlas plates, searchable by system or region. It also has USMLE-style questions, and you can generate tests for yourself. With the tests, you can either locate or name structures. You can build your own practice practicals and save them for later. Oh, and the CD is $40. I wish I hadn't bothered to buy the book.

My School loaned the cd to our whole class and only recently asked for it back to give them to the incoming class. They got a whole bunch of them as some sort of promotional thing. I used it quite a bit during gross, and will probably use it again (copied it) for board prep.

Well, a lot of changes to this new version. Netter's is still very decent, but it's hard not to have a book for class...

lf

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the CD and Book the same exact thing? I'll be having a labtop with me, so I'm thinking if I have the CD I can take a look at pics whenever I need to.

Thanks!

dtreese said:

Is this the right CD: right one? I would love to have an easy way to quiz myself. :)

That's it. It rocks.

b3s7 3v4R!!!

Seriously, it was worth it. My netters hardcopy stays in the dissecting lab. The cd is totally sweet.

Wow! I hadn't opened my free copy I got with the book. Thanks for pointing it out!

I've already made my study guide for the first exam. ;)

Not that I would ever, I repeat ever, break international copyright laws... but, just out of general curiosity has anyone tried to copy those netter cds? I may ask one of my classmates that question... again, strictly to satisfy my curiosity. ;)

BTW, the netter flashcards have been a big help... although, with the cd you probably dont need them.

wait, we were supposed to get a free copy with the book?
i didn't get one!

entsworld said:
i didn't get one!

I got my book free when I joined SOMA. The CD came with it.

entsworld said:
i didn't get one!
You get a free copy of the CD with the hard cover version of the book - the one that's sold in a box. The softcover version is much cheaper and has no free CD.

I just got the McMinn's 3-D anatomy CD and it seems decent if not great - I'm not finding any way to copy it though and I have to give it back to a friend soon. :(

Has anyone tried making tests for the netter CD and sharing them with classmates?
I am having problems with other people being able to open the .ate test file when the file is not made on their computer. It opens fine when made on their computer though.
Any ideas ? Thanks !

BTW the CD is awesome

I just got my CD in the mail today :thumbup: :thumbup: