Networking as a pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Silvermist

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know how getting a job is mainly about who you know, so I was wondering how you recommend maintaining a professional network as a new pharmacist. This isn't something I've heard a lot about, so I thought maybe it deserved its own thread. I'm currently a P3, and here are my plans, as well as what I've currently been doing (when applicable):

  • Relationships in student fraternity as well as alumnae chapter of said fraternity
  • Maintaining relationships with professors with whom I've done research and publications
  • (Hopefully) maintaining relationships with APPE preceptors
  • Remaining involved post-graduation in state chapter of APhA as well as other professional orgs
  • LinkedIn (or even FB) with past classmates and friends I've made on rotations (just to keep current contact info)

Anything missing? Anything that's worked for you? Figure we could all use a little help with effective networks given the current state of the market 🙂
 
I know how getting a job is mainly about who you know, so I was wondering how you recommend maintaining a professional network as a new pharmacist. This isn't something I've heard a lot about, so I thought maybe it deserved its own thread. I'm currently a P3, and here are my plans, as well as what I've currently been doing (when applicable):

  • Relationships in student fraternity as well as alumnae chapter of said fraternity
  • Maintaining relationships with professors with whom I've done research and publications
  • (Hopefully) maintaining relationships with APPE preceptors
  • Remaining involved post-graduation in state chapter of APhA as well as other professional orgs
  • LinkedIn (or even FB) with past classmates and friends I've made on rotations (just to keep current contact info)

Anything missing? Anything that's worked for you? Figure we could all use a little help with effective networks given the current state of the market 🙂

Have you interned anywhere?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad