networking pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tpb00

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What do you guys think about how important is networking in the field of pharmacy? and what are some of the best networking pharmacy schools out there?

thank you guys and gl to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,

What do you guys think about how important is networking in the field of pharmacy? and what are some of the best networking pharmacy schools out there?

thank you guys and gl to everyone

I used to think it was just schmoozing and putting on a false front to get people to notice you. I've figured out that it really is just getting to know people in a neutral environment or an environment biased in your favor so that you can talk to people with pull in a way that allows them to get to know who you are and what you're about. This way if they meet you in a more threatening environment (job interview) the ice is already broken and you have less to be worried about. It's also a great way to figure who can help you in what situations. I've found everyone I've met to be very willing to help in anything Pharmacy. I met someone in Pharmacy HQ for Kaiser Permanente at a "CSHP day" organized by USC. I saw her again at ASHP MCM. Since we'd already met before, we talked again and I asked if I could arrange a tour of a pediatric pharmacy (since that's one of my interests). She said just email her when I get back home and we'd set it up. There's no way I could have just called her up out of the blue and set that up. Now I've got an appointment on Jan 4 to tour the ped's pharmacy with her. Networking just provides opportunities you won't really be able to get without it. In terms of the top Networking schools. I know USC is up there, but I don't know much about other schools, so I wouldn't know exactly where amongst the top networking schools to rank it.