Networking with out of state programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeetus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have advice on how I can network out of my region during M1 and M2 years? I'm interested in matching in a region far away from where I am going to med school

Should I go to conferences and do research there? For M3 and M4 it's a no brainer to do away rotations over there.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it’s a good idea to step back and relax about these kinds of things. Focus on doing well next fall as an MS1. There are ways to indicate interest to specific programs on ERAS and even those might change (likely inevitably will) by the time you are ready for that.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have advice on how I can network out of my region during M1 and M2 years? I'm interested in matching in a region far away from where I am going to med school

Should I go to conferences and do research there? For M3 and M4 it's a no brainer to do away rotations over there.
I would talk with your student dean about a proper plan. Talk to your upperclassmen.

As @chilly_md noted, ERAS 2024 will include opportunities for applicants to express their geographic or regional preferences. You've got time.

Reactions: 1 users