Neumann College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinganca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the DPT program at Neumann College?

On one hand, I quite like the idea of a program that can be done whilst working. On the other, I'm wary of a weekend program and wondering what the quality is like. Of course it's CAPTE accredited, but I can't imagine how they could deliver all that is needed to be truly prepared for a career in PT in 30 weekends per year.

Obviously it isn't a "big name" school -- and I'm not after that, so that's just fine. But is it a respected program? Or not?

Do you actually get a thorough, comprehensive education there that will send you out as well-prepared for employment as most traditional-format DPT programs? Do you think employers would also be wary of a weekend DPT program (and thus hesitant to hire someone who's graduated from one)?

If anyone's heard anything about it, or knows someone who's gone there, or otherwise has any input on this program, I'd love to hear it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about it being respected by future employers. All that employers care about is if you have a license to practice in whatever state you are in. I would try to find out how well the school prepares their students to pass the board exam. That will give you an idea of how good the education is. Maybe call the school and ask them their pass rate or find it out somewhere else.

are you sure that's their regular DPT program? I had never heard of the school so I googled them and found their website, and I didn't see anything about the DPT program being weekend only....the t-DPT program is weekends, so maybe that's what you're thinking? The t-DPT is for currents PTs with a bachelors or masters in PT, who want to get the DPT designation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dancer: yep, both the entry-level and transitional DPT are offered in weekend format.

ATC: they claim a 90-some first-time pass rate and a 100% pass rate including retakes, as well as 100% employment rate 6 months post-graduation.

I guess I'm just looking at it a bit sideways because it seems like a lot less actual in-class instruction time than any other program I've researched and considered. The last thing I'd want after all this work and $$ is to be completely in over my head and not up to par on my first job because my program didn't adequately prepare me.

vinganca,

I was wondering if you made a decision concerning Neumann University. If you have attended their school or know anything about how the students actually feel about the program, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

I do know someone who is graduating from Neumann's DPT programn this week. The program is a weekend format, which is great for someone that wants to continue to work while in school. It does take up a lot of time being that it is condensed into 2 days, but any PT school is going to be time consuming. Sure it's not as well known as some other schools in the area, but like you said that's not what you're looking for. Neumann is a good school, and should be considered.

I do know someone who is graduating from Neumann's DPT programn this week. The program is a weekend format, which is great for someone that wants to continue to work while in school. It does take up a lot of time being that it is condensed into 2 days, but any PT school is going to be time consuming. Sure it's not as well known as some other schools in the area, but like you said that's not what you're looking for. Neumann is a good school, and should be considered.
Hey! I actually have a interview at neumann university for DPT...Can you please tell me the person contact of facebook ID so i can talk to the person about programm? I actually dont know much about the school and want to now about it and also want to know that what kind of questions they ask i n interview...please help me a little

I had an interview with Neumann on 2/6/11- has anyone else interviewed or heard from them since then?

I interviewed with the in Jan and heard back the next week that I got in. They make you put a deposit down after 2 weeks when I still had more interviews after. So I put down my deposit, and will most likely be calling them next week to tell them I wont be going there, so maybe I will open up a spot for you. I just waiting to hear from one more school, but I got into my #1 choice, so if I can figure out paying for it I will be going there not NU. I liked the program though - faculty seemed really helpful.

I had an interview with Neumann on 2/6/11- has anyone else interviewed or heard from them since then?
Just had one there too, let me know if they've sent a letter, called or emailed you lately? thanx

Just got a call from Neumann and I got in! Hopefully you'll here from them soon!

Just got a call from Neumann and I got in! Hopefully you'll here from them soon!

Congrats! Did Pat Kelly or Dr. Post call? Are you accespting the offer? I still haven't heard anything and am checking my mail/missed called obsessively. Still crossing my fingers.

It was a woman, but I don't think it was Pat. I got accepted to Widener also so I will probably decline Neumann. Not 100% sure yet. Hope you hear from them soon

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a woman, but I don't think it was Pat. I got accepted to Widener also so I will probably decline Neumann. Not 100% sure yet. Hope you hear from them soon

Personally I would love to go to Widener and have heard good things but I can only do a weekend format for financial reasons, I'm just concerned about the facts sheet they gave us at Neumann where their current first time pass rate for the licensure exam from last year was 81%. Good luck to you and thanks for the info.

I think pass rate is definitely something to consider, but when it comes down to it the program is accredited for a reason and whether or not you pass is fortunately something that you can control. Good luck with everything. I know deposits for Neumann are due in the next two weeks so hopefully you'll hear from them then!

I recently was talking to a PTA program director and she told me that one of her former PTA students was currently employed by a facility that is paying for his entire tuition to attend Neumann College in order to get his DPT. Does anyone know of any particular employers that would do this? Also, I know NC is private, so what would the estimated tuition costs be?

I will be attending Neumann in summer 2011. The faculty was very helpful and I even sat in on a couple classes to see how it is. I'd love to chat with students that are going to be my classmates in a month, so message me!

Hi guys,

I am strongly considering Neumann for Summer 2012. I really like the idea of the weekend format. Here's just a little bit about me.

Major: Economics and Psychology, (Pre-Physical Therapy)
Minor: Kinesiology

Important Statistics:

-Cumulative GPA : 3.17
-GPA for Last 60 Hrs. : 3.35
-Prerequisite GPA (for Neumann): 3.18
-GRE Score: 1030 (630 Math 400 Verbal, Writing Score: 4)

Volunteer/Paid Experience:

-400 hours of volunteer/shadowing PT's (inpatient, outpatient, private practice)
-Recently hired as a Rehab Aide
-worked as a Fitness Attendant; have current CPR/First Aid Certification

Extracurriculars:
-President of School's Pre-Physical Therapy Club
-Member of the school Rugby Club
-Involved in various Community Outreach Programs

Research:
-Research on People with Disabilties

Based on this limited information, could I be admitted for Neumann's DPT Program starting in Summer 2012

Thank You!

Hey everyone! I wanted to find out more info about Neumann. I got accepted to Temple and then to Neumann as well. Wanted to know more about their weekend program. If anyone is attanding Neumann or knows about their program please let me know. Thanks a lot.

I've looked into Neumann a lot, as I also liked the idea of being able to work through the program.
The main DPT program IS weekend only format.
The thing to keep in mind is only the classes are weekend only.
They have clinicals every year and these are NOT weekend only.
Once I found that out, I was a lot less interested, as I doubt that I am going to have an employer who will be willing to let me have 19? i think it is weeks off each year to do my clinicals, so I might as well just do a regular full time program.

FavPT, I just had an interview with Temple and have one with Neumann on Tuesday. Which one did you end up picking and why? Any help would be appreciated thank you!!

PTM90 I also applied to Nuemann for May of 2013, but I haven't heard from them. When did they call you?

all I can say, is that we just had 3 days of classes cancelled b/c of Hurricane Sandy from last Monday-Wednesday, so we had to cram a week of stuff into 2 days. It was BRU-TAL...but while we were going through hell in order to catch up, I thought to myself, this is exactly what they people at Neumann do- well no thank you, and they can keep their weekend format. I'll take a regular program any day...

kilibo...they called last Friday and gave me an option of interviews, and I picked this past Tuesday. We were the first intervew group, there was 4 of us, and we got a tour from a faculty member. We then did the interview and were asked to write an essay. Very genuine staff really care about this program! Weekend format is great too.
I would contact Scott Biely or Pat Kelly and ask when students are typically hearing back for interviews. I believe he said they are trying to fill their class by December/January/February.
Let me know how you turn out and good luck!

Thank you for the info! I'm glad you liked it there and I wish you the best of luck! Let me know when you hear back from them about an acceptance :)

I also was in the first group to be interviewed. The interview was not bad at all and neither was the essay. I hope I get in there. I am getting so anxious not hearing from them. Hopefully soon!

Hey Jholly, I was in your group! I think they said last week of November we'd hear back, so don't sweat hopefully we'll get good news soon!:). Good luck!

Just got accepted today :) :) :) :) :) :) :) !! You guys should be hearing back relatively soon!! Via phone call btw!! Will be receiving paper work after the holiday!!!!!

Me too!!!! Ahh!!! So exciting!!! congrats PTdreams!

what were your stats if you don't mind my asking? I just got an interview and I am so nervous

congrats!!!!- I hope I do to. I am so nervous for the interview

Congratsssss to u also PTM90!! Is Neumann your first choice or are you going to wait to see if other school get in contact with you? I'm just really happy we are notified very early! Takes off so much stress!! :)

what were your stats if you don't mind my asking? I just got an interview and I am so nervous

Thank you!! My cum is aprox a 3.45 and my science is around a 3.3! Over 1000 hours for outpatient at 2 different clinics... And approx 180 hours of inpatient hours at 2 skilled nursing facilities! Hope this helps!:hungover:

yes! I'm around the same 3.3 cum average 3.1 science and 3.8 last 60credit hours. Ive been a PTA at an outpatient clinic for 2 years so a ton of outpatient hours and I volunteered 100 hours at a skilled nursing facility. My fingers are crossed that the interview goes well because I know that stats aren't everything. how long was the interview and what kinds of questions were asked??
Thank you so much for your help!!
will you definetley be attending or are you waiting to hear back from another school?

Thanks!! I'm not sure yet, alot of decisions are coming out at once, so everythings kind of up in the air for now but I love Neumann's program it fits everything i need!
Cum GPA: 3.31
Science GPA: 2.98...however these numbers are through PTCAS, and I took science courses over the summer that will increase science (and cum) to over a 3.2
Hours: Probably close to 500 mostly outpatient

No one be nervous for the interview, they aren't as bad as you're preparing for them to be. The faculty are very kind and I would just brush up on some current PT issues. you'll do great!

Futurept89, when did they offer you an interview? Was it over the phone? I'm patiently waiting to hear from them and I'm starting to get worried.....

I definitely love what Neumann has to offer! Very solid program! But I do have to look at all of my options and go from there! Faculty was really laid back... which is the kind of atmosphere I am looking for!!

It was over the phone. First they called to inform me that my application was complete and under review. About two weeks later I got a call for an interview.

I got a call from Neumann today for an interview! I'm beyond excited! I can't wait for Tuesday. I would appreciate any interview suggestions, as this will be my first one :):). Yay!

I received a call last night and i am accepted to Neumann!! So excited. Can't wait to meet my fellow cohorts! :laugh:

How long did it take you to hear back? I had an interview 3 weeks ago today and I still haven't heard anything. It's making me a little nervous!

Hey, it took me about 10 days to hear back. It was via phone call from Kittie Pain, graduate admissions coordinator. How long did they tell you it would be before you heard back?

They said within 2 weeks I should hear back regardless of the decision.

Has anyone received a receipt from your deposit, or an information packet yet? I called and they said they received my deposit and I should be getting something in the mail shortly, but I have not received anything yet. Most importantly I'm worried about the schedule and living arraingments.