Neumann University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subiewrx

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have an interview with Neumann on Tuesday November 14th. Just wanted to know anyone's insight that have already interviewed with them in the past on questions they would ask. I do know that it will be a group interview from what I've been hearing.

Members don't see this ad.

So basically you go to an "info session" essentially for about an hour where they talk about the program, ask questions, ect. Then you individually interview with a professor or another faculty member within the department. It was basically just questions like:
Why Neumann & why a program in that format?
Would I continue to work & how flexible would my job be?
One other question that I can't remember, but it was something pretty simple.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
So basically you go to an "info session" essentially for about an hour where they talk about the program, ask questions, ect. Then you individually interview with a professor or another faculty member within the department. It was basically just questions like:
Why Neumann & why a program in that format?
Would I continue to work & how flexible would my job be?
One other question that I can't remember, but it was something pretty simple.

Good luck!
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, how did your interview work out? I have mine coming up in little over a week

Hey, how did your interview work out? I have mine coming up in little over a week

I think it went pretty well. The group discussion was about an hour then we went to 1 on 1 interviews with the faculty. Very laid back and it was basically what low above said the questions would be. They told us within 2-3 weeks we would hear something back. Tomorrow is officially 3 weeks for me and I'm getting a little anxious.

I think it went pretty well. The group discussion was about an hour then we went to 1 on 1 interviews with the faculty. Very laid back and it was basically what low above said the questions would be. They told us within 2-3 weeks we would hear something back. Tomorrow is officially 3 weeks for me and I'm getting a little anxious.
Oh good! I was gonna ask about the waiting time for acceptance too. If u haven't heard by now there's no harm in reaching out but I really hope it all works out for you!!

Oh good! I was gonna ask about the waiting time for acceptance too. If u haven't heard by now there's no harm in reaching out but I really hope it all works out for you!!
It’s going on 4 and a half weeks now and I still haven’t heard back. I emailed Karen (the one who sent the interview) and she hasn’t responded. I’m hoping they got backed up or something because of the holidays but I can’t stand waiting anymore. How was your interview? And did they say the same thing for the wait time about the response for acceptance /denied and the method of how they’ll be contacting students?

It’s going on 4 and a half weeks now and I still haven’t heard back. I emailed Karen (the one who sent the interview) and she hasn’t responded. I’m hoping they got backed up or something because of the holidays but I can’t stand waiting anymore. How was your interview? And did they say the same thing for the wait time about the response for acceptance /denied and the method of how they’ll be contacting students?
Yeah the interview was weird because the questions were so simple that I know they couldn't have gotten a good grip of who I actually am. Or maybe I should've forced more interaction in there- he was like rushing through :/. But they said we should know before Christmas and they will contact whether we got accepted, waitlisted, or denied so you should definitely wait it out because they should contact you regardless from what he said. I think his name was Scott

Yeah the interview was weird because the questions were so simple that I know they couldn't have gotten a good grip of who I actually am. Or maybe I should've forced more interaction in there- he was like rushing through :/. But they said we should know before Christmas and they will contact whether we got accepted, waitlisted, or denied so you should definitely wait it out because they should contact you regardless from what he said. I think his name was Scott

I ended up asking a lot of questions to kinda force them to ask about me. I had Karen Albaugh and I did research on the faculty on their website and ended up asking about her hobbies and mission trip. I was happy with my interview tbh and I feel like I did well but it’s just taking them forever to get back to me. When was the exact date of your interview?

I ended up asking a lot of questions to kinda force them to ask about me. I had Karen Albaugh and I did research on the faculty on their website and ended up asking about her hobbies and mission trip. I was happy with my interview tbh and I feel like I did well but it’s just taking them forever to get back to me. When was the exact date of your interview?
Oh that's good. & it was on the 12th

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh. Tell me about it. I been waiting for over a month but nope. I’m assuming after the new year they’d contact us?
I'm thinking after the holiday. Wish I had an exact date, I'd be less on edge-but that's how all the schools r with it until you end up with a surprise call/mail

I'm thinking after the holiday. Wish I had an exact date, I'd be less on edge-but that's how all the schools r with it until you end up with a surprise call/mail
Haha yeah. I guess we just have to wait it out at this point

Still nothing eh?

They're giving out calls now- be on the look out
I called today and left a message didn’t get a hold of anyone. Did you get a call? And how’d you find out they were calling people?

I called today and left a message didn’t get a hold of anyone. Did you get a call? And how’d you find out they were calling people?
I also called and didn't get an answer. The applications were sent somewhere else and that office is who called me. called me yesterday said they're working through them. Maybe call the general admissions? I think that's who it was

I also called and didn't get an answer. The applications were sent somewhere else and that office is who called me. called me yesterday said they're working through them. Maybe call the general admissions? I think that's who it was

Oh I see. I tried general admissions haha. I guess we just wait it out at this point. They didn’t give any type of time frame?

Oh I see. I tried general admissions haha. I guess we just wait it out at this point. They didn’t give any type of time frame?
Oh lol. Then yeah just have to wait. No time frame though- just said they have been very busy because they're accepting spring term

Oh lol. Then yeah just have to wait. No time frame though- just said they have been very busy because they're accepting spring term
I completely forgot they had a spring term. I’m just glad that basically no one for the summer term has heard anything yet. Which term did you apply for? Was it the start date of May?

I completely forgot they had a spring term. I’m just glad that basically no one for the summer term has heard anything yet. Which term did you apply for? Was it the start date of May?[/QUOTE. Yeah, I applied for May.

Ugh I was put on the waitlist! How about you?

Also when is the last day you need to put down a deposit? I’m just curious cause I want to see how long until the waitlist moves

Also when is the last day you need to put down a deposit? I’m just curious cause I want to see how long until the waitlist moves
I accepted it. Its about 2 weeks for deposit. But i know I didn't hear back from all my schools yet so ppl could still put deposit down then back out of it makes sense

I accepted it. Its about 2 weeks for deposit. But i know I didn't hear back from all my schools yet so ppl could still put deposit down then back out of it makes sense
I see thanks and congrats! So I suppose deposits are due the first and second week of February then?

Thank you, & yes that sounds about right
Hey so did you hear back from any other schools yet and do you know if you’re def going to Neumann? I called Neumann to ask if the waitlist has moved and nothing yet just wanted to gauge where all applicants that put their deposit down and when they’re payments were due

Hey so did you hear back from any other schools yet and do you know if you’re def going to Neumann? I called Neumann to ask if the waitlist has moved and nothing yet just wanted to gauge where all applicants that put their deposit down and when they’re payments were due
I heard back from all of my schools. Denials & waitlists. But I'm going to Neumann. It's almost impossible to gauge the waitlist process. And most schools have as many waitlists as they do spots in the class and they pull ppl from top to bottom.