Neuro boarding reqs clarification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kadhir

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
While the HCG don't make mention of this (to my knowledge), the ABCN literature does indicate that during fellowship, supervised clinical activities within research count towards board eligibility. Could anyone shed some light on whether there is a cap on the proportion of clinical work that can be conducted as part of research? I've not been able to find any info on this here or elsewhere, so maybe the answer is no, but the question remains.

Members don't see this ad.

For some reason 50% sticks in my head, but I have no idea how accurate that is, or even where I heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
went back to the HCG, and I think that this must have been what I was thinking of when I said 50% -- Realize now that that doesn't seem like the intended meaning of this paragraph.

--

X. Residency education and training in clinical neuropsychology.

"Residency education and training is designed to provide clinical, didactic and academic training to produce an advanced level of competence in the specialty of clinical neuropsychology and to complete the education and training necessary for independent practice in the specialty. The postdoctoral residency program is a required component in specialty education in clinical neuropsychology. The expected period of residency extends for the equivalent of two years of full-time education and training. The residency experience must occur on at least a half-time basis."

Thanks for the responses. Yes, the 50% rule refers to something else.