Neuro class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agent007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I am finishing up 1st year of PT school and this Neuro class is an absolute worst thing that ever happened to me. Our passing average is 80 and I really don't think I will get there. I would feel absolutely terrible if I get a C. Wer allowed 2 Cs throughout the program, but that still completely freaks me out.. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I had trouble with taking tests when I was in PT school. Unless you're looking to apply for a residency after you graduate, I would not worry too much about it. You will get your degree as long as you pass, and as long as a C is passing, you'll be fine!Even if the passing average is 80, they should be bumping the mean up because they don't want their students to look like they all have bad grades.

If you are concerned about grades talk to your supervisor so they can either comfort you that you'll be fine or help you come up with a solution.

2 Cs throughout the entire program??? Usually you just need to maintain GPA 3.0 or above which allows you to get much more than 2 Cs as long as they are balanced out with As. Please doublecheck this information since it may make your life much less stressful.
Don/t pay too much attention to the grades other people get. Your goal is to pass the class and finish PT school. If you do that with grades lower than your classmates', whatever - doesn/t matter at all. No one is going to look at your grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 Cs throughout the entire program??? Usually you just need to maintain GPA 3.0 or above which allows you to get much more than 2 Cs as long as they are balanced out with As. Please doublecheck this information since it may make your life much less stressful.
Don/t pay too much attention to the grades other people get. Your goal is to pass the class and finish PT school. If you do that with grades lower than your classmates', whatever - doesn/t matter at all. No one is going to look at your grades.

Not all schools do an average of classes, the program I went to if you go below a 75% in a class (lecture or lab portion) you had to take a remediation exam, if you failed that you were out of the program, you got 2 remediations max in the program and if you got a 3rd you were out. Even if you have straight A's in all the other classes that semester or program.

Reactions: 1 users
My school allows only 12 credits of C’s and only two failed practicals (initial attempts or retakes) before we are dropped. I feel this is common practice because of the caliber expected at the doctoral level.

Going to need some more information to be helpful here... what is it that is challenging you? Is it the pace? the materials? how it is presented? I know it might just be informal venting, but the attitude of " this is the worst thing that's ever happened to me" when you aren't doing well isn't going to fly well if you seek help from your faculty (which you should). Take a step back and reflect on what exactly isn't clicking for you. Faculty are going to respond much better to "I really want to master this and am struggling because X, Y and Z" then "I'm worried I'm not getting a good grade".

Reactions: 2 users