Neuro-loving

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could possibly share some of your advice as to how difficult it could potentially be for me as an international student to apply to competitive nro residency positions, and shed some light on how Wayne grads are viewed, with, say, Ivy-leaguers. Would I be at any disadvantage? If I do well during school and on my USMLEs, will I not be considered in exactly the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wayne State is very strong clinically and with a good class rank and strong board scores you will be competing for the top spots.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Canadian fourth year undergraduate student, applying to medical schools in the states (alas, no 3.8 gpa). I've got one invitation to interview so far, and that's with Wayne State. I'm really excited about this school for the clinical opportunities it offers.

I was wondering if you could possibly share some of your advice as to how difficult it could potentially be for me as an international student to apply to competitive nro residency positions, and shed some light on how Wayne grads are viewed, with, say, Ivy-leaguers. Would I be at any disadvantage? If I do well during school and on my USMLEs, will I not be considered in exactly the same boat?

Do share some feedback!

Regards,