neuro resource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trotter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good, concise study source for neurology? My school doesn't have a third year neurology clerkship, which makes me feel as though I should study this topic specifically in addition to the other biggies(peds, surg, IM, etc). The fact that many students posting their step II experiences on here have noted a heavy amount of neuro on their exams makes me concerned.

Also, what are good resources for preventive medicine and biostats. Would something like 1st aid suffice for these topics?

thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I reviewed the Blueprints in Neurology and thought that was a good source. Stick with the major topics in the book and you should be fine.

And if this helps, the neuro on my test was pretty straightforward. Lots of high yield topics like epidural and subdural, meningitis, the vision thing from First Aid.

thanks for the info electra,
I'll check out that blueprints and hope it's not too long...

When you say the vision thing from 1st aid, do you mean the visual pathways and how to deduce where the lesion is using the visual deficit?

thanks again...