Neuroanatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAK86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are tons of neuro thread but I didn't really find the info that I am looking for. So here is my question...

I have been through Kaplan neuroanatomy once but don't remember it that well. So I am about to go over it again. If I do this along with FA, would I be covered for usmle/comlex questions on identifying structures by looking at the pictures? Or do I need some other book for that?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know there are tons of neuro thread but I didn't really find the info that I am looking for. So here is my question...

I have been through Kaplan neuroanatomy once but don't remember it that well. So I am about to go over it again. If I do this along with FA, would I be covered for usmle/comlex questions on identifying structures by looking at the pictures? Or do I need some other book for that?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
http://www9.biostr.washington.edu/da.html
use this for pictures. you will be good.

Thanks for the reply. I actually have another link too for neuroanatomy, which is http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/HISTHTML/NEURANAT/NEURANCA.html#1 but there are so many pictures and I don't really know what should I really be focusing on.
i am aware of 4 other links. but i think its better to keep it simple and stick to any site you like for pictures. if possible try doing pictures from HY neuro. half of that book is MRI. once you are done with that UW will take care of the rest. mind you even i have not taken the test. but the info i am sharing with you is what i am aware of.

Members don't see this ad :)
HY Neuroanat is fine for pics and make sure to look through RR Goljan Neuro chapter.

HY Neuroanat is fine for pics and make sure to look through RR Goljan Neuro chapter.
just a question here McGillGrad. how important do you think chapters in general patho are apart from inflammation and fluids. i mean chapters like neoplasm and immunology as these chapters are either covered in immuno as a whole or systemic path (for neoplasm).

just a question here McGillGrad. how important do you think chapters in general patho are apart from inflammation and fluids. i mean chapters like neoplasm and immunology as these chapters are either covered in immuno as a whole or systemic path (for neoplasm).

I found that they were very important chapters that were covered in path and immuno (or whatever other discipline) because once you see that the mechanism stays constant, you can answer questions that seem off-the-wall by knowing the normal physiology in response to stimuli.

I have seen more and more questions asking you to apply basic concepts, whereas older questions were more concerned with knowing buzz words and high yield pathology.

I found that they were very important chapters that were covered in path and immuno (or whatever other discipline) because once you see that the mechanism stays constant, you can answer questions that seem off-the-wall by knowing the normal physiology in response to stimuli.

I have seen more and more questions asking you to apply basic concepts, whereas older questions were more concerned with knowing buzz words and high yield pathology.
i guess i dont have a choise. thank you McGillGard. i shall readd whole of RR now