Neuroepidemiology

Started by Neuro321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neuro321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,
I’m a medical student, and will be applying to Neurology residency. I am interested in Neuroepidemiology (mostly Vascular/NCC related topics) and outcomes research. I have research experience in both areas and am interested in building upon this during residency.

Any thoughts on programs with particular strong Neuroepi focus?

Thanks in advance!
 
Hello All,
I’m a medical student, and will be applying to Neurology residency. I am interested in Neuroepidemiology (mostly Vascular/NCC related topics) and outcomes research. I have research experience in both areas and am interested in building upon this during residency.

Any thoughts on programs with particular strong Neuroepi focus?

Thanks in advance!

There are some programs out there where you can sneak in an MPH during fellowship. Just have to look into it. Michigan has dedicated neuroepidemology.
 
There are some excellent vascular neuro programs which are well rounded. But specifically for epidemiology in cerebrovascular disease - Columbia and Mayo Clinic stand out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HP Adams is also highly respected. Another place would be Duke (Larry Goldstein).