Neurology Board Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CognitiveNeuro

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How hard are the board exams? I heard it covers more material/harder than the IM boards. How many hours do you spend covering material per day?
 
I spent 6 months studying casually (a couple hours of questions here and there on days off), then 2 weeks working through a review book for a few hours per day. Never bothered to study for the RITE. That was more than enough to pass comfortably.
 
I spent 6 months studying casually (a couple hours of questions here and there on days off), then 2 weeks working through a review book for a few hours per day. Never bothered to study for the RITE. That was more than enough to pass comfortably.

If you had to guess....would you say it's more material than Internal Medicine?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's a stupid guess to ask people to make, as virtually nobody takes both boards, so how would they know?
 
That's a stupid guess to ask people to make, as virtually nobody takes both boards, so how would they know?

"That's a stupid guess to ask people" doesn't make any sense. Is english your first language?

It's stupid to not read that I asked people to assume as residents would have some knowledge to answer this.
You are attempting to be argumentative so I'm just going to ignore you.

Geez, looking at your profile picture, you must be a clown or troll.
 
Last edited:
"That's a stupid guess to ask people" doesn't make any sense. Is english your first language?

It's stupid to not read that I asked people to assume as residents would have some knowledge to answer this.
You are attempting to be argumentative so I'm just going to ignore you.

Your quote missed the last 2 words, which is why it didn't make sense to you. Of course English is my first language.

And I'm not trying to be argumentative, despite your best efforts to be hostile with anyone on this thread that points out the absurdity of your request. I'm simply educating you. Outside of a couple small combined programs, nobody takes both sets of boards, so how would anyone know the difference? Furthermore, which residents do you think would have "some knowledge" to answer questions about an exam they aren't even eligible to take yet?
 
Last edited: