neurology overkill

Started by sharg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sharg

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am doing a Neurology rotation at the end of my third year and I was wondering if it was overkill to do two more neurology rotations in my 4th year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a total of 10 1/2 weeks of Neuro in med school. It was 2 weeks in a Psych/Neuro rotation, a month at my school as an M4, and a 4 week away rotation at where I ended up matching. That was fine. I think 2 in the same place may be a bit much.
 
There are alot of really good neuroelectives as well such as pediatric neurology, neurology research, that delves more deeply than a general neurology rotation does.