Neurology vs Physiology

Started by chancer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chancer

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Which class did you generally find more difficult and why? Neurology or Physiology?

Thanks!
 
I can't say one was more difficult than the other, but in my experience we covered way more material in neurology that was scattered around and didn't always build on previous knowledge, where physiology was more focused topics. I had to study more for neurology for sure!
 
Neurology covers more material than physiology, and in that sense is harder. It's also a little more black-and-white than physiology though (memorizing parts and functions of the brain and their various pathways through the body, and their blood supplies). Physiology is a little harder to visualize and grasp for some as a result.

In the grand scheme of things, Neurology took more effort simply because of the volume of information. But I find I have to keep going back and reviewing physiological principles because I keep forgetting them.
 
Physiology was harder for me too because I have to keep reviewing to remember the material. Neuro has a lot of information but it's more interesting to me, so maybe that's what makes it easier to learn.