Neuropharmacology

Started by caitie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

caitie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm very interested in neuropharmacology. Is a PharmD path right for me? Or pharmacology? Or joint degree?Or is there some other degree that would be better? I've tried searching the web but there doesn't seem to be too much on this specific topic. Thanks!
 
I did undergrad research in neuropharmacology. 😀

Unless you find a specialized career path, your pursuit of pharmacy may not let you do exactly what you are looking for.

Some schools such as UCSD offer PharmD/PhD which may be closer to what you want.

Specifically other graduate programs offer a Masters in Neuropharmacology.
 
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to practice, you can do a PGY2 residency in psychiatry. If you are interested in basic science neuropharmacology research (benchwork basically), then a PhD is needed, either with or without the PharmD.