Neuropsych ABPP Written Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phoenix4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm curious if anyone here has taking the recently updated/changed written exam as part of the neuropsych ABPP process. I'm trying to get an idea of what sort of practice test score via the 2nd edition Stucky textbook is a decent score and if someone's eventual written exam score seemed similar to their practice test scores, or if there was a decent discrepancy. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not aware of any substantive change aside from the usual updating of questions and a slight reorg of sections, but that was more cosmetic than content related. From my recollection the Stucky results for me were fairly close to my actual grade. My fellowship (APPCN) also had access to retired tests that were fairly informative into performance and areas to work on.

Reactions: 1 user
Stucky's book was just the test prep stuff that the BRAIN group put together. If you don't want to pay for it.....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I recently took it. I agree with WisNeuro. I don't think it has changed that much. I think on the BRAIN website, I shot for over 70% on those practice exams and had the old version of the review book. I think I was over 70% on the exam from the original book and passed the written. I felt prepared and thought the test was fair. With that said, most people I talk to never feel "ready" for the exam. I was frequently catastrophizing in the few days leading up to the exam and I passed just fine.

I do seem to remember discussion about a revision where they were going to remove certain questions that get at things that are better assessed elsewhere such as in the oral or make questions more practical. That was three years ago so maybe that's what OP was referring to.

It's been awhile for me but more recent folks don't seem to be doing anything different to prepare.

Hey all. I'm curious if anyone here has taking the recently updated/changed written exam as part of the neuropsych ABPP process. I'm trying to get an idea of what sort of practice test score via the 2nd edition Stucky textbook is a decent score and if someone's eventual written exam score seemed similar to their practice test scores, or if there was a decent discrepancy. Thanks.
Hi everyone! Happy new year! I have the print and digital edition of Stucky's first edition book, and have the print version of the second but can't find the digital version anywhere. Does anyone have the practice tests from the second edition scanned in as a pdf/digital document? I like to retake practice tests several times so just wanted to see if anyone had resources before I attempt to go through and scan it all in. Thanks!