• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
Is anyone familiar with the role of neuropsychologists in psychiatry? Some people have told me that pediatric neuropsychology is becoming increasingly important in child psychiatry insofar as neurocognitive profiles may help differentiate between different subtypes of psychiatric disorders.

Thoughts?

monocyte

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Status
Here's a link that may be helpful:

http://www.neuropsychologycentral.com/

There is a section on pediatric disorders.

I did a month elective in (adult) neuropsychiatry/behavioral neurology during my 4th year. The center at which I worked used neuropsych testing extensively to evaluate dementias, MS, depression, stroke et. al.

You will find many links if you type "clinical neuropsychology" into a search engine.

Hope this helps!

monocyte

About the Ads